Chapter 11

A week has gone by and I haven't told anyone about my pregnancy. I was still living with the monster. I have never felt so trapped before. He threatened my baby's life, how am I supposed to run now? I know if I tell Damon he's going to want to come and beat Matt himself and if I tell my sister and harry, they are going to go to the police. whatever they do, I know Matt will look for them and hurt them too. I feel so alone, so lost. why is all of this happening to me? why me? what have I done to deserve this? I lied there in bed with all these thoughts running through my mind. "Hayley go make pancakes," ordered Matt. I got up and headed to the kitchen, before I could finish mixing the ingredients I felt the sudden urge to vomit. The smell of it wasn't pleasing. In that moment Matt came out and saw the vomit land in the bowl. Oh no, fuck! "Matt, I'm so sorry. I will make a new one ASAP." He grabbed my arms really tight, his nails digging into my skin. "Dammit, why can't you do anything right? I'm engaged to a fucking idiot. I should just go charm up to my boss's daughter and marry her. She's a whole lot sexier than you, she has an ass, huge chest and I bet she's great in bed. You are nothing but a piece of trash." I started crying and pushed him off. But, he grabbed on again and began to clean my face. "I'm sorry baby, c'mon let me make you happy in bed, start undressing for me baby." I pushed him off again and walked away. "I'm not having sex with you, I'm pregnant and I don't want you in me right now." He waved me off and called me a bitch, then sat on the couch.

   I headed to my sister's house so I could tell her the news. I had to tell her before it got harder the more I waited. Plus, I would start to show in a couple of months. I got out my car and walked inside, but when I walked inside...Damon was sitting there with Vanessa and Harry. "Hayley what a surprise," said Damon. "Oh hi...I wasn't expecting to find you here," I said. They all looked behind me with worried eyes. "Oh don't worry I came alone, Matt is at home." They all sighed and offered me a seat, but I stayed on my feet. "I uh...came to tell my sister something but...since Harry and Damon are here too I guess all of you should know." They all looked confused and faced me, all eyes were on me. "I'm...uh...I'm pregnant." Damon dropped his phone onto the floor, Harry and my sister nearly choked on their coffee. "Oh...my...Hayley that's amazing!" yelled Vanessa. "Wonderful news, congrats Hayley," said Harry. They both came towards me to hug me, Damon stayed in place. "Umm...Hayley that's uh...great, congrats," said Damon. He got up and took his jacket, heading to the door. "Sorry I...I have to go," he said. We all stood there looking at one another, then I had the feeling to run after him. "Damon, wait!" He turned around looking angry. "Hayley...how can you still be with Matt? You know that he's just going to keep hurting you right? Imagine what kind of life that baby is going to have? Hayley you haven't even told your sister what's going on. She thinks you are living a happy life with Matt and we both know that's a fucking lie." I stood there staring at him, he was hurting and it was all my fault. I want to tell him why I can't leave Matt, but I know if I do that...he's going to confront him. He's going to get hurt too, and Matt could even use that as an excuse to kill my baby. "Damon...I...." I closed my fist, I was so mad that I couldn't tell him what was going on. "You know what Hayley? I'm not going to stick around and see you ruin your life even more. I'm leaving town tonight, it's hard to stand and watch and not be able to do anything because YOU won't let me. Fuck Hayley, I like you a lot still and I don't know what to do. You are making my life hard, I only think about you and it kills me seeing you with Matt. I'm sorry Hayley but...I have to go, I have to leave town before it gets harder for me to leave." I hugged myself and dropped to the floor crying. He dropped to one knee, touched my chin and held it up. He cleaned my tears and stared into my eyes, and then he kissed me. His lips were on mine and my lips were on his. "This is our last kiss. I wish you the best Hayley." He got up, walked to his car and drove off without even looking over one last time. I was alone, I didn't have anyone anymore. I couldn't move, I was still on the floor trying to process what just happened. When I finally moved, I let out a scream so loud that it hurt my throat. Vanessa and Harry ran outside and spotted me on the floor crying. "Hayley, what happened?" asked Harry. "He's gone, he left me. He's leaving me! He's leaving me all alone." Harry picked me up and carried me inside. "Hayley what are you talking about?" asked Vanessa. "Damon, he's leaving...he's leaving town and...and he left me alone...he...he left. He's gone and...and I don't know where he's going." I started crying again and both of them stared at me. Vanessa sat next to me and hugged me. Harry grabbed a blanket and set it over me, I was so busy crying that I hadn't realized that my hands were so cold and red. A few hours later I was finally calm and ready to go home, so harry offered to take me and he would drop off my car tomorrow.

   when I got home I heard a lot of noise. I turned on the lights in the living room and found Matt with another girl, a blonde. "Matt?" He was naked, she was naked, they were fucking on the couch! Our fucking couch! "Hayley...baby, I thought you were going to your sister's," said Matt. "That was two hours ago Matt. What the fuck are you doing fucking a slut on our couch?" The blonde girl began to laugh and got up. "Oh darling calm down, it's not that big of a deal. This is just a one time thing." Matt got up and handed the blonde her clothes. "Get out of our apartment right now!" I yelled. "Whoa babe calm down, she's leaving. He turned over to the girl and said, "I'll hit you up later sexy." She giggled and kissed him in front of me. This bitch! "Who the fuck are you? Who is she Matt?" I asked. "She's my boss's daughter Nicole." What the fuck? Son of a bitch, he did it. He fucked her just like he said he wanted to. She giggled again and walked out, blowing him a kiss and smiling at me. "Baby, she's hot. I couldn't help it," said  Matt. "You are such a fucking asshole. you have the nerve to tell me I'm only yours but you go and fuck another girl? A fucking slut, a bitch, a whore?" He suddenly dropped his shirt and came after me. He grabbed my arm turned me around and punched my face. I know I'm going to have a black eye now. "Call her that again and watch what's going to happen to you and that kid in there." He pushed me on the couch and left into the room. I sat there, unable to cry. I had no more tears in me, crying two hours over Damon left me without any tears left. "Here take these blankets. you're sleeping on that fucking couch." Matt tossed the blankets onto the floor and slammed the bedroom door.

   The next morning I woke up to Matt talking on the phone. "Don't worry she's still asleep and even if she was awake, bitch wouldn't dare to say anything or I will kill her. yes baby, I'll be there in ten minutes. when I get there you better be undressed for me, I want to fuck you real hard again and this time I'm going to make you want to cry out my name. I'm going to give it to you so good that you will want more and more and so much more. haha I will see you in a bit sexy, alright bye." He hung up the phone and I could hear him coming over to me. I pretended to still be asleep. "Hayley, wake up. I got work today, I wont be back till midnight." I got up and nodded in response. when he walked out the door I called Harry. "Harry, hi. instead of dropping off my car, could you pick me up? awesome thanks see you in twenty minutes." I got up and headed into the bathroom, I could finally take a shower without having to rush. I got out the shower, changed and waited for Harry.

   "Have you heard from Damon?" asked Vanessa. I shook my head. "I'm sure we will hear from him soon," she said. We went out grocery shopping at Walmart. "Vanessa...can we talk about something?" she smiled and nodded. "So...I was watching TV last time and this girl she's dating a guy who is really a jerk, he's abusive. She won't leave him because he keeps threatening her and her unborn child. She hasn't told anyone about how her boyfriend is an abusive partner because she's afraid that her loved ones will get hurt too. She wants to leave him so badly but doesn't know how." She looked over at me in confusion and then continued picking out apples. "Well I think she should go to the police, or just speak up and tell her loved ones. If I was that girls sister I would of gone to the police and talked to the guy myself or, send my husband over to talk to him and kick his ass if necessary," she said. I can't tell her, I need to shut up before she realizes I'm the girl. After Walmart we stopped by Dunkin Donuts and headed back to my sisters place. Harry was in the living room sleeping, so we tried to be as quiet as possible. "Hayley...what happened between you and Damon?" she asked. Oh god...what am I supposed to say? I can't tell her the truth. "You know what, never mind. Tell me whenever you are ready to talk about it," she said. she smiled and we began to put the groceries away. After that, we decided to make some spaghetti, she offered to make it because she knew that was my favorite. "Smells good in here," said Harry. "Oh, I hope we didn't wake you up baby," said Vanessa.

   After dinner with my sister and Harry, we decided to go to the movies and then go for desserts. Being with them made me forget about Matt and Nicole, but most importantly I forgot about Damon leaving. I got home two hours before Matt, I sat on the couch thinking what am I going to do. Matt wants to get married five days before Christmas. My baby isn't born yet, and I don't know how to escape from all of this. I'm going to have no choice but to marry him. "Hayley I'm home." Matt walked inside and gave me a kiss on the head. "Oh...hi. I'm going to bed now," I said. He nodded and followed. "Hayley, I can't wait for our kid to be born. Hopefully it's a boy, that way I can teach him how to be a man like his father."