3

I sat in my room, a pencil in my hand and textbooks in front of me. I pushed up the glasses on the bridge of my nose, attempting to concentrate on all the work in front of me.

A knock was heard on my door, and I turned around to see Grayson standing in my doorway, his arm resting against the door.

"Hey Gray. What's up?" I asked, setting down my pencil.

"I just wanted to see if you were busy. I'm gonna go skateboarding if you wanna come," he responded, walking into my room and sitting down on my bed.

I looked at my textbooks, and all the papers in front of me, debating whether or not I should take a break.

"Well..I'm kind of behind on homework, and I was gonna meet up with someone later. I guess a small break wouldn't hurt though," I answered.

He raised his eyebrows at me, confused, "Homework on a Saturday, Ethan? Didn't you go study with some people the other day? And you never told me you were meeting up with someone," he suspiciously said.

"I got a lot of extra homework yesterday. And it's no big deal, its just a friend from class that I'm meeting with," I replied, twirling the pencil in my hand.

Grayson and I had most of the same classes, so I had to be careful with what I said. If I said one wrong thing, he'd know I was telling a lie.

"Which class?" He questioned.

"Chemistry," I answered, keeping it short.

"Again?" He asked.

"Yes. There's a big test coming up soon and I'd like to do well on it," I said.

He suspiciously looked at me, "Alright. So do you want to come skateboarding with me or not?"

"Sure. We haven't gone in a while," I answered, taking my glasses off and standing up from my chair.

We both left my room and headed downstairs and into the garage, where all of our skateboard were kept at.

I grabbed mine and went out on to the driveway, as Grayson took a little longer to grab his. As usual, Grayson strapped on the same white helmet he always wears on his head, and met me on the driveway.

I laughed at him, shaking my head, "Do you know how dumb you look in that?"

He looked at his reflection on his phone screen, and shrugged his shoulders, "Its trendy. I'm trying to keep up with all the trends."

"Well then in that case, you're gonna have to try a little harder bud," I said, patting his head.

"Hey, that's mean," he said, pretending to be offended.

We put our skateboards on the ground, and began to ride down the road, enjoying the cool morning air. A view of vast land, green grass, and meadows filled my eyes. This was my favorite sight to see. I loved living out in the country rather than the city. Grayson and I continued riding down the road, enjoying the view around us.

After an hour or so, we came back home, tired from riding around. I went upstairs and took a shower, then decided I'd go visit Alex and spend a little more time with her for the day.