Chapter 14

I woke up with a tremendous headache. I groaned and got out bed but I got up way to fast and got really light headed. I grabbed onto the dresser for support. I had the sudden feeling I was going to puke so I went to the bathroom and splashed some cold water on my face. I was pretty drunk last night but not enough to forget what happened. I am just glad nothing went too far.
I went down to the cafeteria for breakfast. I had absolutely no appetite so I just decided to get some water to get rehydrated. I just sat at my spot and took sips of my water. I started people watching and I saw some people laughing and talking. I looked around and saw Hunter looking for a place to spot. I was deciding weather or not invite him to sit with me. I decided against it and just kept drinking my water looking everywhere else but in his direction. I see a figure walking up to me, I look up and see Hunter holding his tray across from me. "Is it ok if I sit here?" He asks uncomfortable. I put my hand out and pointed to the seat across from me motioning him to sit. "Sure be my guest."
He sets his tray down and pulls out the chair and sits in it. "I'm sorry about what happened."
"It's not your fault." I say.
"Yeah and it's not yours either. It's that psycho with a bats fault." He says quietly leaning in closer to me. "Look I know where they took you after. You were gone for a week! That's a long time to be stuck in there. Trust me I know." He said that last part a little quieter. I lifted my head to make eye contact with him. I was about to says something but I saw Charlie walking over to us. Hunter followed my gaze and leaned back into his chair.
Charlie came up and stood beside Hunter. "Negan wants to see you in his room." He says bluntly and leaves. I groan and chug the rest of the water I had left. "Ill see you later Haliey." He says as I got out of my seat. I wave goodbye and put the cup in the dirty tray basket and left to go to his room.
I knocked and heard him say "come in" I opened the door and he was at his desk writing something. I didn't say anything as I sat on the couch. "We are going to go on a run today. Have a couple places I want to check out." He says as he puts his pencil down and stands up.
"We?" I ask
"Yeah, it's a simple run. I didn't feel like bringing the whole group." He saw my reaction and he starts chuckling. "I know, I know you can't contain your excitement to be with me." He says
"I wouldn't say that." I say getting up and started heading to the door. "Meet me at the gates in 15."
      I didn't respond just shut the door behind me. I went to my room and changed into a long sleeve shirt since it's chilly out. I braided my hair and headed out the door. When I got to the gates I saw his truck and I looked in the back and saw my bow. He was already in the car so I got in the passenger seat and buckled up. He took a side glance at me as he put his truck in drive "your late." He says acting like he was pissed.
"What like a minute?" I asked
"Two actually." He says holding up two fingers. "My apologies." I say sarcastically. "Apology accepted."
My headache got ten times worse and the sun looked like it got 15 times brighter. I was shielding my eyes trying to help my eyes from the suns rays but it wasn't helping. I could see Negan keep on giving me side glances "Tylenol is in the glove compartment."
I said a quick thank you and opened up the compartment. I rummaged through all the trash he had in there until I finally found the Tylenol. I grabbed the bottle and pushed and twisted to get the cap open. I put four in my hand and put them in my mouth and swallowed. "I was about to say water is in the back but I see you don't need that." He says smiling in amazement. "Yeah it's just been something I could always do. My mom was always freaked out by it. She could never take pills just liquid medicine." I say smiling at the memories. I was about to put the cap back on but I decided to ask Negan if he needed some. Because he was pretty freaken drunk last night. "Do you want any?" I say shaking the bottle. "Nah, I took some this morning." I nodded and put the bottle back where I got it.