Chapter 60

I was having a peaceful dream until I felt somebody shake my shoulder.  "Hey Hailey it is time to get up" I hear Negan say.  I nod my head at him not really proccessing what is happening.  I can hear him sigh and all of a sudden he grabs my arms and makes me stand up.  I open my eyes open wide " What are you doing?" I ask him pissed.  "Getting you up now come on we are burning daylight."  He says while grabbing my bow and walked outside.  I groaned at him and redid my hair as I walked out of the house.  I shut the door behind me and saw that Negan was already in the truck.  I got into the passenger side rested my head on the head rest.  Negan started the car and started laughing at me.  " I woke you up a lot nicer than that" I tell him without looking over at him.  "yeah but I also got up immediately."  he tells me with a smile on his face. 

  "I was getting there." I tell him as I start looking through his compartments for some sun glasses.  " What are you looking for?" He asked as I shut the glove compartment.  "Some sun glasses" I tell him.   He then opens up the center console and gets out of some glasses.  "Thank you" I say sincerely and put them on.  "No problem"  This made a world of difference.  "By the way did anybody ever tell you that you snore.  Like really loud" He tells me with a smile on his face.  "I'm surprised that every walker within a five mile radius didn't come here." He tells me laughing.  

I knew he was lying do I decided to mess with him too.  " Well has anybody told you that you talk in your sleep?" I ask him but he gives me that look like he doesn't believe me.  "Swear to god.  I could hear you.  You were all like 'oh Hailey what would I ever do without you?  You have saved my life countless times how could I ever repay you?'" I tell him imitating him doing a girly damsel in distress voice.  "Whatever" He tells me shaking his head with a smile on his face.  "Ok if you don't want to believe me then that's fine but it's the truth." I tell him with a smile on my face and he just shakes his head in response.  

A couple hours later he finally says those magic words. "We are here" he tells me and I sit up and there was a beautiful two story house.  It had been fenced off medal bars and barbed wire and it even had like a outpost in the front yard.  This place was definitely ready for the apocalypse.  "This place is perfect." I tell him as we come to a complete stop in front of the gate.  He just smirks at me and gets out and pulls a key out of his pocket and goes to unlock the gate.  Once he does I get into the drivers seat and put the truck in drive and pull it inside of the gate.  I put it in park and wait for Negan to come back after he gets done locking it back up again. 

"How did you find this place?"  I ask without looking away from the house.  I could hear him getting closer because of the gravel he was walking on.  "Just stumbled acrossed it really." he tells me as he got back in the truck.  I was about to ask him another question but he read my mind. "No I didn't kill anybody to ge this place.  This place was empty and we put new locks on gate."  he tells me as he starts to drive towards the front door.   "Who all knows about his place?" I ask him as he puts the truck in park. "Not many.  Dwight, Simon and Arat was with me when we found it and there's only a couple more people who know about it."  He tells me as he gets out and I reluctantly follow.  "Why are you showing me this?" I ask as I get my bow from the back and he gets the bags "You know, honestly I have no idea." He tells me with a smile on his face and then walks towards the front foor and unlocks it with a key that was under the door matt.  How unique.  

He opens the door and there was a round table in the middle of the room and to the right there were stairs.  I went straight ahead and there was the kitchen and in the next room over was the living room.  "Hard to believe you just stumbled upon this place" I tell him still being a little suspicious.  "When we saw it we thought it was a trap.  But when nobody attacked us." He says as he puts the bags on the kitchen table.  I walked back to the kitchen "What is this like your safe house?" I ask him as I sit on one of the stools and he starts taking the canned food out of the bags.  "yeah pretty much"  But I just looked at him confused "I don't understand.  Why are you telling me where you are going to be hiding if something happens to the Santuary?  Why are you showing me this place when it would be easy for me just to tell Rick where it is?" I asks him "I don't know maybe it's because you just have one of those faces that make people trust you with all of their deepest secrets." He tells me without looking up at me.  I just shook my head at his answer but didn't say anything else to him.