Chapter 15

About 30 min later we were there. He puts the truck in park and gets out of the truck. I do the same and get my bow out of the back. I have to walk fast to catch up to Negan. Our first house was a white two story house. "There are only about two houses that we need to look through. Like I said it's going to be in and out." I nodded as I loaded a arrow with my bow.
    Negan got his gun ready and I got my bow ready and aimed as he opens the door. I went in first and went right and he was right behind me and went left. I did a quick sweep of the living room and kitchen but didn't see any walkers. I put my bow down and yelled "clear." A few seconds later I heard Negan yell clear. I looked around the kitchen and found a couple of cans in the cabinets. I put them in my backpack and walked around the house. I saw Negan looking through the master bathroom. He was bending down with his back towards me. I found myself looking at his butt. His jeans fit him really well. Wait, why the h*ll am I doing? I mentally say and snap out of it.
     "Are you ready to go upstairs?" I ask
He shuts the cabinet door and nods. I start walking up the stairs and I can hear Negans footsteps close behind me. Once we got all the way up the stairs I went on ahead to the end of the hall and Negan was checking the rooms that was by the stairs. I heard glass break in one of the rooms that was near me. Negan hears it too and slowly walks towards me and leans next to the door frame with is pistol out and ready. I lean on the other side and try to twist the handle but of course it's locked. "Locked?" He whispered. I nodded my head and walk to where I'm facing the door.
I put my bow in one hand and hiked my leg up and used all the force I had to kick the door open. I saw the door fly open and I get a quick glance of a man standing on the other side of the room. Not even a second later I hear a huge gunshot ring out. I felt a sharp pain on my side before I was being pushed back into the wall. I was laying on the floor when I felt the huge wave of excruciating burning sensation hit me. I tried to scream but I couldn't, I couldn't even breathe. This is it I am going to die.
     I saw Negan in the door way his back facing me and he was shooting the man. He then put his gun in his waist band and turned around and ran to my side. He got down one knee and lifted up my shirt to see how bad it was. He looked more scared than I did. He started getting really blurry and I just wanted to close my eyes.
Sleep felt so good right now I started to close my eyes but negan kept on slapping my face to keep me awake. His voice was muffled but I could hear him keep on saying to stay awake. I felt his arms go underneath me and lifted me up and carried my bridal style. My head kept on jerking back and I would keep on trying to lift my head up to stay awake. The pain was unbearable. I kept on gasping and making these crying noises because that's all the voice I had.
Negan ran to his truck and laid me down in the passenger seat. He shut my door and I could see him run to the other side through the windshield. I opened up the back seat door and grabbed some rags. Once he did he opened the driver door and hopped in his truck. He gently lifted my head up and set it down on his lap. He put the rag in my hand and moved my hand on my wound. "Keep pressure on it." He says and pushes my hand down. I wince at the pain but I knew it would keep me alive so I pressed as hard as I could.
He started the truck and peeled out of the driveway and started heading back to the sanctuary. He kept on lightly hitting my cheeks to keep me awake. "Come on stay with me sweetheart." He says all panicky. Why is he so worried? He doesn't care about anybody but himself.
I was doing everything in my power to stay awake. But the pain so was so bad I just wanted it to be over. "What's your favorite color?" Negan asked out of the blue. "What?" I barely got out.
"Your favorite color what is it? Mines red." He asks. "Blue" I say barely above a whisper.
Negan does a hard left turn and he grabs around my chest to keep me in place. That might just be the only time he didn't do anything perverted on purpose. I tried to get a chuckle out but I just ended up hurting myself more so I just decided to smile.
    He puts his hands back on the steering wheel at 10 and 2. I could tell he was doing well past 90 by how loud the engine was. "Favorite food?" He asks looking down at me every once in a while to make sure I'm still awake. "Mash potatoes."
"Huh... that's unique." He says not really caring. I know he is just trying to distract me by having me answer his questions but they are not working. The pain is still horrendous.
         He looking down at me and then to my wound. I didn't like the face he made when he saw my stomach so I decided to take a look myself. I lifted the now red rag off of my stomach and blood started coming out of my wounds. My gray shirt was now completely soaked with blood I could see the bullet holes in my shirt. That just made the pain worse. I put the rag back on and applied pressure.
The pain was so bad I just wanted it to go away. He hit a huge bump on the road and my whole body came out of the seat and then came hard down. I let out an ear piercing scream and cussed out every name in the book. This is going to be the longest car ride of my life.