Chapter 23

I am walking to the cafeteria and I hear somebody crying. I turn the corner and I see Amber hugging her knees and her head down with her long blonde hair down covering her arms.
     She hears me walk up and she quickly lifts her head to see who it was. "You alright?" I ask kinda feeling bad for her. "You know he loves you right." She says out of the blue ignoring my question. "What?" She sniffles and wipes her tears away "Negan... he doesn't care about me, about any of us except for you."
       I sit down beside her and crisscross my legs. "What makes you say that?" I ask my heart beating faster. She gives a low chuckle "Are you serious?" She ask and looks at me. When I don't answer her she realizes that I'm being completely serious. "Have you not seen the way he looks at you? He never looks at any of us like that." She says her eyes getting more watery.
     "That doesn't mean he-" I start to say but she cuts me off. "And the way he worries about you when you got shot. He wasn't the same, I saw something in his eyes that I have never seen before." She says "And what was that?" I ask "Fear."
     I am eating in the cafeteria when I hear Charlie and one of his friends talking behind me. And me being the nosey person I am I decide to ease drop. "Yeah we are leaving tomorrow for another run." I hear Charlie say.                 That made me stop dead in my tracks. I turn around and Charlie looks up at me his face looking like he just sh*t himself. "You guys are going on a run tomorrow?" I ask getting pissed. "Yeah, but your not supposed to know. So if you could just not bring it up to him that would be great. " He says getting worried. "And why is that?" I asked getting out of my seat.
     "Because Negan knew you were going to act like this." I give a chuckle but there was no humor in it. I walked away and started heading towards the doors. "Were are you going? Charlie yelled "Going to talk Negan." I say not turning around. "Sh*t."
     I walk up to his door and I didn't even knock I just walked in. I see Negan on the couch and Amber on top of him kissing him. When he heard me walk in he immediately moved her off of him. I look at Amber and I can see her cheeks getting red from embarrassment.
     "Did you come to join us?" Negan asks with a huge smile of hope on his face. "Not exactly. I came to ask why in the h*ll I'm not going on the run tomorrow." Negans smile slowly goes down into a small frown. "Amber get out."
"But-" she started to say but negan quickly cut in. "Now!"
     Amber quickly got up and started walking to the door. She didn't even look up at me when she pasted me and went through the door. I expected her to glare at me or something. He waited until she was gone before he started talking.
     "You weren't supposed to know about that until after we came back... who told you? He asked "That's not important."
He smirks and gets up and walks over and pores himself a drink. "You want one?" He asks with an empty glass in his hands. "No" I say bluntly. He shrugs his shoulder and puts the empty glass back down and picks his back up. "Your loss." He says and sits back down on the couch were he previously was. "I have been doing absolutely nothing for two weeks... I'm losing my mind! I have to go out and do something." He leans back on the couch and takes a small sip of his drink "I thought you would like not doing anything and not having to worry about points." He says with a confused look on his face. "I'm not one of your wives." He gives a low chuckle "no you are not."
     "So let me go on the run." I say eagerly. He gives a loud sigh and downs the rest of his drink. He flinches when he does. "Fine but I'm putting you on a tight leash. No running around getting yourself shot... I don't know what I would do with out ya." He says winking.