Chapter 28

"Hey Haliey wait up!" I hear somebody call from behind me. I turn around and I see hunter jogging to me. "I didn't see you at dinner. Where were you? I looked for you at dinner but I didn't find you in your usual spot." He asked when he got next to me. "Uh Yeah sorry, Negan made me eat in his room." I say 
     He gives me a petty look "Oh I'm sorry to hear that." I kept on walking and he walked with me. "It's all right it really wasn't that bad." He slowly nodded his head but gave me a surprised look.
     "Can I ask you a question?" He asked. "Yeah sure." He doesn't say anything for a second almost like he is decided whether or not he should ask it. "How come you haven't tried to escape yet? I mean you go out on the runs so you have had plenty of opportunities."
    "I have heard about what Negan did to Dwight when he tried to leave. He has way too many men that would be on the hunt for me." I say honestly. Hunter nods his head in understanding. "If you where going to escape how would you do it?"
    That made me stop dead in my tracks. I turn sideways to look at him "don't you even think about it." I say sternly. "But why not this place is a sh*t hole where he treats us like we are his slaves!" He says getting louder "keep your voice down. You don't want to get caught before you even try to escape!"
       I rub my forehead with my hands trying to calm myself down and thinking of my next words wisely. "Look, I know I'm not going to be able to keep you from going. So I'm going to try my best to make sure you are successful." I see his face light up and it looks like he just had a huge weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. I look around to make sure nobody is near. "Come on lets go to my room." I say as I walk ahead of him to lead him to my room.
      Once we got in I shut my door and sit on my bed and Hunter goes and sits on the counter top. "Ok so what should I do?" He asked rubbing his hands together.  "Ok so on our next run is when you are going to do it. You are going to have a weapon that is silent like a knife or something. I'll make sure that me and you get paired up and go look for stuff that's farthest away. The runs usually take about an hour to fully complete. That will give you more than enough time to get far away from here." I say finishing I look over at Hunter and he is just looking at me with a huge grin on his face. "What?" I ask
       He just chuckles "it sounds like you thought a lot about this." I smirk at his comment "I have." He gets up ready to leave and then I remembered something. "Wait I almost forgot." He turns back around and looks at me. "What?"
      "Were you there when Negan first got me from that store?" He slowly nods his head wondering where I'm going with this. "I had a truck that I left there. I hid it in the woods just incase something like this happened." I see his face light up "Are you serious?" He asked "Yes, when you open the gas lid the keys should be right there."
      He comes up to me and gives me a hug. I hug back tightly "I'm going to miss you so much." He says "I'm going to miss you too." We both slowly pull away and he gives me a smile and walks out the door. I cant believe he is actually doing this. I mean I have thought out everything I could think of and this plan seems like the one that would be the most successful. I just hope this plan works out for his sake and mine.