Chapter 40

I heard the Rv driving down the gravel road before I saw it. I was still sitting by Carl when Negan drove it in. It was now daylight outside so now we could all see without all the headlights. We were all sitting there happing Rick was still in there.
Suddenly the door flys open and Rick falls to the ground. Negan gets out right behind him and grabs the back of his collar dragging him to where the rest of us are.
"Here we are...Let me ask you something Rick. Do you even know what that little trip was about?" Rick just kept on looking at the ground not answering. "Speak when your spoken too."
" Okay, okay." Rick said scared of what was going to come next. Negan looks down at Rick with a disappointed look on his face. "That trip was how you look at me. I wanted to change that." Rick looked up at Negan while he talked. "But your still looking at me the same d*mn way. Like I sh*t in your scrambled eggs. And that's not going to work."
Negan bends down to ricks level and puts bloody Lucille informs of his face. "So do I give you another chance?" Rick is looking at the ground when he answered "yes." Negan pats Rick on the back then gets up and starts chuckling. "Ok, all right, here it is. The grand prize game. What you do next will decide whether your crap day becomes everyone's last crap day. Or just another crap day."
Negan is silent for a little bit but not long enough. "Put some guns to the back of their heads." I started panicking when I heard the guns cocking behind me. But what surprised me is somebody put a gun to the back of my head. I look at Negan and he is just staring at the man who is behind me giving him the you better be joking look.
"Where the hell do you think your pointing that gun?" I turned around just enough to see the man start to panic. He immediately put his gun down and stepped back into the crowd. I felt a huge relief knowing that there wasn't a gun pointed at the back of my head, but that feeling came back just as fast as it left knowing that the rest of my people were not off the hook. "Dwight, take him somewhere and fix that problem." Dwight nods and takes the man back into the woods. He kept on saying he was sorry but Negan wasn't going to change him mind.
I look back at Negan and he is still surprised at what happened. "It's hard to find smart, loyal workers isn't Rick." Negan says referring to the man. He shakes his head and continues on.
" Now we just need to level the guns with their noses so if you have to fire." He imitated the explosion. "Boom. It'll be a real big mess." He says chuckling at his own sick thought.
Negan looks over right to Carl. "Kid." He says motioning him to come here by using his pointing finger. "Right here."
My heart dropped. I could hear it beating out of my ears. Please god don't let him hurt Carl. I have never been a religious person but right then and there I was praying and hoping he would answer.
"Kid...now." Carl slowly rose to his feet not taking his eye off of Negan. "Are you a southpaw?" Negan asked as took off his belt. "Am I a what?" Carl asked in confusion. "Are you a lefty?" Negan reworded it. "No." What kind of sick plan does he have going now?
"Good." He says as he starts tying his belt around Carl's left arm. "Does that hurt?" Negan asked when he was done tightening. "No." Carl responded like he was trying to be tough. "Should. It's supposed to." Negan starts backing up. "Alright kid, get on the ground next to daddy. Spread them wings!" He then takes Carl's sheriffs hat off and throws it behind him.
I swear if he does anything to Carl I'm going to kill him myself. Negan put her a hand on Carl's back and pushed him down to where he laid flat on his stomach. "Simon...you got a pen?" Negan asked. "Yeah." I move my head to my left and see him feeling his pockets for one. He finally pulls out a sharpie. "Haliey, would you be so kind as to bring me that marker over here?" I knew that saying no would just be a bad idea and I would just end up having to get the marker anyways. So I slowly nodded my head yes and got off of my knees and headed over to Simon. Once I got the marker from him I turned around and didn't take my eyes off of Rick and Carl as I headed to Negan.
Negan had his hand out with that grin he always has waiting for me to put the marker in his hand. I gave him a disgusted look as I violently put the marker in his hands. He smirks at me ask I move to the side of them. "Thank you, sweetheart." I roll my eyes at the name but I didn't dare say anything.