I ✘ Love You

C L A R A

A young girl with dull blue eyes and dull blue hair squirmed around her bed, face tomato red. Sweat matted her bangs to her forehead , and her night clothes stuck to her body uncomfortably. She weakly sat up, and threw the thick covers off her body, relishing the seeping cold only for a moment. Chills run down her spine and and a horrible shiver wracked through her torso.

Her father, the most powerful duke and the head of the House of Sapphire opened the doors to her room, followed closely by maids and attendants.

"Papa!" She greeted with a raspy voice, life coming back to her dew drop eyes for a second, only to be snatched away by a series of coughs that echoed throughout the room.

The father's eyes crinkled in pity as he could only rub her back to comfort her. It was unfortunate, very unfortunate for his daughter, who was once filled with life and youth, to crumple away like a dried leaf upon the infliction of an unknown disease. The best of the best doctors from all over the kingdom had checked upon her, and could not determine what in the seven blazes of hell is this disease. If only the father could have taken the disease for his daughter. Such a young soul, she could not bear it!

But alas, the father is not without hope. The healer from behind him, an old woman in black robes and wrinkled face, took his daughter's hand and gently pushed her back to the pillows. Despite the suspicious look of the healer, the father paid it no mind. As long as she gives the slightest chance of being able to cure his daughter, then he is willing to pay any price. He was willing to gamble at the chance.

"My child, stay still," The old woman cooed, and the father watched as Clara's eyes droop down. "We have to break your fever."

".. ...... What is her disease?" Duke Skotadi asked,looking at his pitiful daughter. "Doctors from the capital know not of such a disease. How do we cure her?" The healers from the capital are also still scrambling on how to battle this new disease. They were clueless just like everyone else.

The old woman smiled wistfully, taking out a bracelet adorned with beautiful blue jewels-sapphire, their family's namesake, from her pocket and clamping it lightly on his daughter's thin wrist. Lidius furrowed his eyebrows, in alarm as he studied the bracelet. He would have a fit and blasted this woman over to the Rosemonds territory if she just randomly started injecting Clara with potions. But that bracelet ..... Looked harmless but still so unsettling.

"There, I have blessed upon your daughter possibility- A possibility to live." She said eerily, like a prophecy. Prophecies in this world were few and far in between. It was mostly only dedicated to the house of Diamonds and not at the pillars of power.

"Possibility?" He repeated. "How can a measly bracelet cure her when medicine cannot?"

"That, My Lord, is for you to find out," She tapped the young girl's forehead lightly. "May you live a long life child." With that, she vanished into a black smog, leaving the Duke, who was gaping at the place the old woman once stood and the sleeping Clara.

💗💗💗

CLARA woke up the next day, feeling her head buzzing, as if a bee was trapped inside and trying to get free from the confines of her skull. She tried to sit up, only to grip her head when she felt extremely dizzy and nauseous. Her fever broke although she hates dealing with this skull grinding headache. It literally felt as if her head was cracking.

What caught her attention the most was the beautiful bracelet on her left wrist. She eyed it in wonder, tracing her thing fingers along the precious gems. Since when did papa buy this?