XVII ✘ Precious Person

💛|A M A D E U S|💛

Avarys had changed.

Amadeus was shocked, because he almost has no interaction with his older twin brother. Avarys was supposed to be always busy, and after that incident, as their father had dubbed it, the crown prince was even busier with more lessons on his shoulders.

But recently, Avarys was spending time with him. Watching him play compositions, drinking afternoon tea with him, and dragging him around the castle to pester their father.

"What-Duke Lidius arrived?" Surpisingly, Avarys looked up from their chess match (that Amadeus was losing) enthusiastically.

"I heard that he brought his child with him as well your Majesty." The maid added and at the mention of child, Avarys was bolting out the hallways to greet the Duke. Amadeus sighed lightly before getting off the stool and tailing his after brother

He's probably excited to see his fiancee.

They ran down the castle hallways, past armors, statues, paintings and servants until they saw Duke Lidius with his back turned to them. The Duke seemed to be talking to his attendant, while holding his child's hand.

"Clara!" Avarys jovially greeted, opening up his arms until a blur ran up to him and hugged him back.

"Big Brother!!" A young boy greeted back happily. The boy had midnight black hair and ocean eyes like Clara. But this guy, is definitely not his brother's fiancee.

It was hillarious how Avarys' face dropped into a betrayed frown, as he looked at Duke Lidius, then to the young boy in his arms. There was a record scratching moment as he gaped lightly. He looked at Duke Lidius, searching for an explanation.

"B-But Duke Lidius, you said you brought your child....." Avarys muttered in a hallow voice.

"I did," Duke Lidius snickered lightly. "I brought Andrew. He says he wants to see the castle."

Avarys sniffed. "But where's Clara?"

If anything ,tick marks appeared on the Duke's forehead. "Ah, that child is being troublesome again. She's at home studying history. Well then, excuse me for I have state matters to attend to." He bid farewell, before leaving the three and going to the opposite hallway to the meeting room where the bureaucrats gather.

Andrew finally had let go of him - thank god. "She fell asleep during history class. Geez, my sister is hopeless."

Amadeus could basically see the gears in his twin's mind turning. He looked at the familiar face of his twin, shining blonde hair and unfocused amethyst eyes. He had a stiff smile on his face and for sure Avarys was gonna pester their father again at dinner to visit Duke Lidius' Estate tomorrow. It's gonna be a looong drawled out talk between the two again and Amadeus would be stuck in the fight betweem the dragon and the tiger.

If love was a disease, then his brother had got it bad.

"Whoa, please tell me I'm not dreaming-" Andrew gushed, arms clasped together. Sparkles were dancing around him. "There are TWO big brothers!!!"

"Oh my, that's my twin brother, Amadeus." Avarys introduced clapping him in the back. Amadeus, not being used to being introduced to many people, just gave a tight smile. The young boy, Andrew, stared up at him in wonder.

"I'm Andrew Skotadi." He greeted back politely this time.

"Nice to meet you." Amadeus replied.

"Well then, Amadeus, guide him to the music room," Avarys said, while turning away from them. "I'll tell the servants to prepare some snacks for us."