XXIV ✘ Difficult

💜 | A V A R Y S | 💜

"Aren't you being difficult?" Avarys said scathingly as he eyed his fiancee. She was curled up in a ball, covered by heavy blankets as she looked out of the windows. She didn't give any indication that she was listening, albeit staring intently at the snow piling up outside. "It's just public school Clara, what's so wrong with that?"

"Everything. Look Avarys. I know Papa and Elena sent you so you can change my mind but you cant. I decided that I can just get home-schooled!" She said stubbornly, ocean eyes unrelenting. Avarys does not understand why Clara was so against public school. It looked like her life depended on it.

He never pegged Clara as a stubborn person. She generally gets swayed by her best friend Elena Margavine to go to shopping sprees or go on a double date, she relented easily. Even when Clara absolutely despises his visits, she tolerates him. She also relents whenever he'd ask her out on a date round the capital. Bottomline, Clara is not a stubborn person and gets swayed easily.

He wonders why she's acting like this. It's as if she'd die if she goes to public school. She's saying "no I won't enroll ever" as if her life depended on it!

Andrew, the future Duke Skotadi, had been ecstatic in sharing dorms with Big Brother. Amadeus was excited to check out Gardenia Academy's music room and facilities. Adrien Rosemond, his cousin, basically just takes anything just to get away from home. Avarys was really just chill with public school, it's something he has to do, wow the students and befriend a few people who could be useful in his reign.

Then Elena Margavine in all her yellow glory appeared at the Castle doorsteps in the middle of winter, hands on her waist and demanding him to convince Clara to attend public school. It wasn't a pretty interaction, they were hurling veiled insults and death threats at each other while smiling politely like the nobles they are before she got to explain the situation to him. It also wasn't a pretty interaction, she forced herself unto the common room without being invited and plopped down on the couch as if she owned the place

("Clara doesn't want to attend public school." Elena had said, a shadow crossing over her face.)

("What." He replied, a statement, not a question.)

("I hadn't seen her since the start of Winter. She came to my house and we talked about stuff- don't give me that look Diatiro. I won't tell you what we talked about, it's mostly girls stuff and Adrien. I mostly told her about how I've been lying to her about Adrien and guess what- she didn't judge me!" Elena exclaimed, with flourishing hand movements and exaggerated gestures. "Clara's such an angel. You don't deserve her.")

("So not the point Margavine," He spat out, quite irked by her remark.)

("Right. Since We're gonna enroll this spring , I went to visit her to buy school stuff. Guess what?- Clara's been holed up inside her room declaring I'm not gonna enroll ever. Duke Skotadi was weeping.")

("So Diatiro, even if I don't like you, I really need your help with this one.You're the persuasive one. Get Clara to attend public school. It just isn't as fun without her." Elena Margavine gave a wistful smile, golden eyes sparkling lightly. He could agree with that, public schook would be pointless without Clara.)

So this brings his current situation.

Avarys sighed heavily, eyebrows furrowed. "Clara, you do understand that we won't go there just to study. It's about making connections," He emphasized the last part. In that school for nobles, there would attend the future ministers, generals and other high ranking officials. "As the Future Monarch of Gardenia, it's a must to make connections and-"