XXX❥❥❥ Ep3- Hope

L Y R A

Lyra Dela Croix could only sigh in exasperation as she watched Aristotle Oriel through the glass. Aris, her kind best friend, was sitting next to the hospital bed of the mysterious pink haired girl they saved back in the initiation. He seems awfully worried, and Lyra could not blame him. The girl had been beyond injured, scars lathered her body and the most horrifying of it all was that they can't find what caused it.

The girl was a commoner at best, with just enough magical aptitude to pass the minimum requirement of the school. The girl would not stand a chance against the monsters that were installed in her setting. But her wounds were not anything that the monsters could inflict so it was mind boggling. Perhaps, there was another person who injured her? But who would do that?

Really, her heart bleeds for that poor little girl. But somehow, Lyra knows she shouldn't feel this - but she can't help but feel jealous. She knows it is wrong but she can't help but envy the injured girl, who had Aristotle Oriel all by herself.

Aristotle Oriel had been a constant in her life. She had met him one sunny summer when she was eight years old. He was thin, and he looked like a twig that would break when stepped on. He was also handsome and sweet, and a lot of her friends like him. She didn't know, didn't remember how they became friends but she does remember that they suddenly clicked. They were suddenly reading the same books together, buying the same socks together, going to the same parties together, visiting the library together and sending letters to each other. She also remembers their promise, or more of a joke or Aris' part, when he said he'd marry her one day if she doesn't get married by thirty.

"Hey Lyra," A young Aristotle called out, as he shoved a forkful of strawberry cake in his mouth. Lyra then looked up at him from the pamphlet she was reading.

"Hmm?"

"By the time we're thirty and we aren't married yet- can I marry you?"

"Yes." She answered, without skipping a beat.

To this day, she doesn't know if he remembers it, but she held on to that promise. It's just, she can't believe that he seems to forget it so easily. Maybe for him it's just a whim, but to her... She strongly believed him.

So basically, Lyra just won't get married until she's thirty.

She even had her father withdraw her from the famous Andrew Skotadi's fiancee candidates. Her father tried to reason with her then, saying that Andrew Skotadi would be the future Sapphire Duke- imagine the riches, the power she would acquire if she were to be the future Duchess Skotadi. For Lyra, who was only a daughter of a village doctor and a florist, that seemed so far out of reach. Plus, she doesn't even know Andrew and being a noble just wasn't for her. She never thought of herself as any powerful Duchess, or even being the wife to one of the Dukes from the all powerful gemstone families. Imagine the pressure, and expectations to be set on you if you were to be from one of those super influential families.

Just looking at the really pretty girls Clara Skotadi and Elena Margavine is enough to discourage her. Lyra wasn't a great beauty like Clara or Elena.She has a really shabby most of brown hair, dull green eyes and zero fashion sense whatsoever. She isn't also as talented as any of them. Her magic aptitude was so low that she somehow barely managed to enter Gardenia Academy through smarts alone.

Lyra wasn't extremely beautiful or talented. She also didn't come from a noble family. She was just- Lyra, a girl who likes to read books and arrange flowers.