V ✘ PoV of the Villainess

I am Clara Estella Skotadi, ten years old and the worst villainess of the Otome Game Lovelorn.

A lot of pro-Heroine, Avarys, Amadeus and Andrew fans hate me. I heard they went as far as to make a magic circle to exorcise me or something. The game developers received so much hate mail about me and they even wondered why they created me. Oh right- they needed an obstacle.

I was the only child of Duke Lidius Skotadi, arguably the most powerful duke among the four houses of power. He literally controlled the seas of our fief and the trade route with other countries. I was born into an extremely wealthy, prestigious and powerful family.

Every girl wanted to be me.

However, due to the death of my mother at an early age, my father doted on me. I got everything I wanted and nothing I needed. I was used to get everything I ever wanted and when I didn't get what I want- Well, maybe that's when I lost sight of who I really am. In the midst of political struggle, love rivals and popularity, I lost myself. Suddenly I was no longer my father's daughter but this sick and shrewd girl. Maybe that's why I got so twisted, so full of myself I went crazy and obsessed over one Avarys Diatiro.

They say that there are things in life we can never hope to attain. They say that we should learn to be contented and appreciate what we have.

I totally didn't listen to those sayings.

My life literally went down the drain because of him. I walked splendidly down the path towards destruction because of this guy.

Avarys Diatiro was the most beautiful person I've ever met, I fell in love at first sight. When he smiled at me, I knew I couldn't let him go. I begged and begged and begged my father to get engaged to him. It was easy, my father was the most powerful duke in the kingdom. It was well known knowledge had the late Queen not been a Rosemond—  the prime minister would be my father. He reasoned to king that it was time that the next Queen came from the Skotadi. King Sanguis was easy to convince, since my father is a powerful ally they can't refuse.

I got engaged to Avarys!!!

In our engagement, he was cordial at best although a bit distant, but that didn't matter to me, his feelings didn't matter to me. I told myself I wanted that guy, and I absolutely have to have him. I did everything I can to gain his favor, aced the queen training, gained powerful connections (my entourage) and showered him with affections. But after all those, he never once returned my feelings.

I was not the person who could make him feel alive even if I died. It was funny, when I look back in it. How can you give someone everything but they give you nothing in return?

I asked myself, was I not enough? Where did I lack? Why can't he love me?

Looking back, maybe I didn't love him. I treated him like my most expensive dress. I obsessed over him and that, I only realized later on....... wasn't love.

I didn't know much about love. But perhaps love was the feeling of security. The feeling of warmth and contentment, like a warm mug of cocoa in the middle of winter. Like someone believing you when the whole world is turning against you.  Love was not caring of status. Love, love doesn't care about being in the house of powers. Love is understanding, love is kind, love is patient.

And in love I realized all the things I valued before didn't matter. The beautiful dresses, the extravagant parties, the powerful friends and the noble birthright. None of those matter in the face of love.

I realized that too late.

Maybe that's why he was so easily stolen away by the heroine. If their love was fire then I was the fuel. I wouldn't even deny that I bullied the heroine, what started as childish pranks just seemed to get them closer. But who could blame me for acting life that? She was a bitch who laid her eyes on an engaged man. And I was hurt because Avarys sided with her.