XIX ✘ Three Murderers

C L A R A

There are three murderers in her house.

Clara died dead.

See, there was Avarys who would stab her to death, Amadeus whom the heroine would kill for and Andrew who would freeze her forever. And, they're all in her house!

Just her luck that today. So it's probably a good thing that when Elena Margavine dropped by, she was immediately whisked away on a shopping spree with the girls while Avarys and Amadeus were both busy teaching Andrew music.

God knows Clara needs a break from those guys. Apparently, Avarys had made it his personal mission to make her life a lot more difficult whenever he decides to visit, and he took Amadeus with him this time. Not that Clara has anything against Amadeus, just that the fact that the heroine would kill for him is quite .... unsettling.

Good thing Elena was there. Clara legit ran out of her house and jumped into her carriage before the brunette could even land foot on the Skotadi Estate. She didn't even bid goodbye to her guests, and she might probably get an earful from Papa when she gets home but eh, who cares.

"You, Clara Skotadi,"

Clara Skotadi blinked as the mysterious lady clad in black continued her reading. She had entered some kind of fortune telling booth with Elena due to the brunette's insistence. It was a shady place in the middle of the bustling market. She expected they'd be selling drugs or something illegal but good thing it's just fortune telling, really. Elena was quite a fan of fortunes while Clara in contrast, was not.

She doesn't need anyone to tell her about her fortune. She knows it already.

The mysterious lady flipped the tarrot cards and looked at the ball in wonder. Then she turned to Clara with her sharp green eyes.

"I see. In your life, you would love three men." She declared monotonously, watching as Clara's face morphed with horror. She was surely not expecting that.

"THREE ?!" It was all bundled up with confusion, horror and rejection. Elena, from right next to her, burst out laughing.

"Oh wait, maybe you'd love two men," The woman narrowed her eyes at her magic crystal, then shrugged. "Nevermind, let's go with three. The first you're destined to marry, however he perished instantly. The second loves you from a distance and the third is-"

"Oh god please no." Clara covered her face in shame. Three? - What the hell was that. She's content with just one. Please.

The fortune teller gave her a mean glare, silently telling her to stop interrupting her. The fortune teller continued. "- - - - would be the one you will love the most, however he's the one you can't have." She declared with absolute clarity it was frightening.

Clara repressed a shudder, because that was just absurd. She wasn't sure if she heard the first part right. The third is shrouded in- - - - would be the one you would love the most, however the one you can't have.

How frightening.

Clara knows she can't get the guy. What the hell. She'd probably just stay single forever.

She felt a hand clap her back, and turned to Elena who was giggling. Glee was dancing in Elena's warm chocolate eyes. "Girl, Don't believe this so much it's might just a be hoax. Anyway, impossible for you to have three men. Like Avarys would kill the other two."

Pretend you don't hear the last part.

"Then, how about me?" Elena inquired pleasantly, pointing a finger to herself.