16 - the hate is killing you

Y/N's POV:

I just got back from college to find the same Ashley I do everyday. The drunk and verbally abusive one. She's never payed a hand on me or called me anything that upsets me. It's just always screaming and shouting inappropriate things. I sighed before heading for the stairs. She looked at me and she looked angry for some reason. She stormed towards me.

"YOU STUPID, FAT, UGLY SLUT! YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING AROUND HERE!!" Then she did something unexpected. She punched me in the face. Hard. My eyes immediately teared up. She immediately sobered up and backed away from me in shock. She gasped and went to touch my face but I flinched and moved away.

"Y/N, I d-didn't mean t-to-" I cut her off.

"Leave me alone, Ashley. YOURE JUST LIKE HIM!" I screamed at her before running upstairs and locking myself in the bathroom. The first thing I took was my blade. I held it to my skin but didn't cut yet. She knew abuse and hitting was sensitive for me since she found me when my dad had just finished beating me. That was 6 months ago. But it still hurt. And now she did that? It hurts so much. About 5 minutes later I heard running up the stairs. Then there were loud bangs on the door.

"Y/N, PLEASE! ITS YOUR SISTER! PLEASE DONT DO IT! I N- N- NEED YOU! PLEASE!" It was my big sister, Dianna. She was sobbing by now. I felt horrible. (A/N: That's Dianna Agron, aka your big sister.)

I cried more before opening the door

I cried more before opening the door. She immediately grabbed the blade and threw it in the trash before picking me up and holding me close. She then headed to the car whilst I buried my face in her shoulder and we got in the car and drove off. We sat in silence until I spoke.

"Dianna?? I'm so s-s-sorry for e-e-everything." I sobbed out. She parked the car in her driveway and picked me up before pecking my forehead and sitting me on the sofa.

"Y/N/N, you're gorgeous. You're strong. You're powerful. You're inspiring to those who know not only you, but your story. You don't deserve any of this. And I'm gonna be next to you through everything. Now I want you to go there tomorrow, pack your things, and move back in with me. Where you know that you'll be safe. Okay?" I sniffled and nodded. We then stood up and went to bed. I cuddled into her as if she was a giant teddy bear.

Ashley's POV:

I fucked up. REALLY badly fucked up. I've been sat crying for hours. It's currently 2am and it's been almost 6 hours since she left. I haven't touched alcohol. I can't believe I hit her. My baby girl. My sunshine to my moonlight. My galaxy to my universe. My everything. I'm a fucking mess. And she knows why as well. But I took it too far.

It's hate. All of it. Normally it wouldn't get to me but now it has. And it fucking hurts. But loosing my baby girl doesn't just hurt. It's KILLING me. I need her in my life. I eventually drifted to sleep, but not peacefully because she wasn't here.

Y/N's POV:

I am currently stood on mine and Ashley's doorstep. I could hear crying from upstairs. I knocked on the door and the response was slow. But she answered and gasped when she saw me.

"Baby girl?? Are you staying? Please say you're staying. Please." She begged.  She then started crying. I shook my head and walked past her and started packing. When she walked into the room she gasped and fell to her knees, crying.

"BABY, PLEASE!! I NEED YOU!" She begged through sobs. I shook my head while tearing up. When I finished packing I got my bag and turned around. I saw the look of guilt and upset on her face.

"I can't, Ash. Not until you sober up. The hate is killing you. You don't know it until you're in hospital waiting for a liver transplant, but the alcohol is slowly murdering you. And until you stop drinking and being abusive both verbally and physically, I'm breaking up with you. Goodbye, Ashley." I then walked out. I went back to Dianna's house and cried.

Ashley's POV:

What have I done?

A/N: sorry it's so sad but I had inspiration to write this. My friend told me her story the other day and it was horrible. I thought I'd share this and warn you. Also if you're going through something similar or the same, tell me. I can't be there in person but you can vent to me. So I'm telling you guys that you're not alone ❤️