teenage second grader

I mentioned the teenage stage in my last chapter, and how I don't remember having one, well I really don't.

My parents have always said that when I was like in the 1st to third grade I acted like the wildest teenage freak ever. I was dramatic, emotional, ridiculous, impulsive, awful. I also had quite the vocabulary. Worse than any little kid that age my parents ever came into contact with. Even other parents agreed.

But after that I was perfect. I hate being told that I'm "perfect." Its an over exaggeration and its untrue. No one's perfect.

I remember very little of these years. I kind of forgot some of it on purpose. So I wouldn't know wether it would be possible for me to start planning my future during or before this time and stay on track.

Anyway, I don't share any of the typical teenage behaviours or mindsets.

Some people really like it. You don't know how many people have said "talking to her is so weird, it's like a mini 30 year old in this rebellious looking punk teen."

Thank you?

What do you even say to that?

Anyway, I red an article on adolescent brains and what's going on with them and I advise you to research that later because I won't go over the whole thing, but basically new synapses begin to form starting from the back of the brain to the prefrontal cortex.

This worried me a bit. I thought, well, in past times people didn't live as long, so this change happened earlier in life. Am I going to die sooner?

Or maybe my brain will deteriorate quickly since this renewal process didn't take place and I'll get dementia at 60?

Perhaps when I'm 40 I'll have another teen stage and be crazy and impulsive and ridiculously stupid?

I was a little panicky.

So I asked my biology teacher.

Apparently there is a environmental factors. sometimes a momentous event or series of events can trigger the renewal process before what is typical. So basically, if your brain has a need to grow up and think properly faster than normal, it'll drop everything and fucking do it.

Theres also a cultural factor. In other countries kids spend a lot more time with adults, learning to be adults and act accordingly. The renewal process then begins at maybe 12 years old and lasts a year or two.

Im pretty sure my case is the former of the two. The worst thing that this can result in is depression, and that happens because ignorance is bliss, and I had to give that up very early in my life, so I've learned some fucked up things in a pretty short amount of time. But it's not too bad. I don't think I'm depressed. Slightly gloomy, maybe, but not depressed.

I doubt that my other possible mental disorders are a direct result of this.