Chapter 7~

"Hey little bro! Someone here wants to see ya!" I sprung from my bed and ran down the rough stairs.
   "Chris!" I looked at the door to see Starr. She wasn't in the dress anymore. She woe a white shirt and comfortable shorts.
   "Oh heya Starr." I rubbed my eyes and gave her a quick hug.
   "So you two know each other? That's great! So um Starr, I have to go set up something in the backyard. Can you keep my bro out of trouble?"
   Starr nodded and I watched as Derek left. I went to sit in the living room. I could feel Starr walking behind me. The couch sank as I sat on the cushion. The same thing happened to Starr.
   "U-umm... Chris..." Starr seemed nervous. Is she blushing? Heh should I..? I gave Starr a small kiss on the cheek and watched her got as red as blood.
   "Chris! I was just gonna tell you your fly is down" It was my turn to blush as I zipped up my fly.
   "And I was gonna tell you I'm gay." She smiled.
   "I could tell you were gay the second you took your first breath." I shoved her playfully and soon we were having a pillow fight. 
   "Hey your brother has been outside for an hour. What is he doing?"
   I shrugged and stood up.
   "I'll go check on him." I opened the backdoor to our small backyard.
   "Derek!" He wasn't there.
   "D-Derek... this isn't funny..." Still nothing
   Crack. The sudden sound startled me. I turned to where I thought I heard it. A small, uneven, zigzag line was carved on the tree. But it wasn't a normal carving. It looked like how one might see the cosmos. The color was so luring, I soon found that I had lost control of my own body and was approaching the tree. The crack seemed to grow wider and wider with each step I took.
   When I finally reached it had more of a round doorframe look than a crack look.
   Enter it... you know you want to Chris, creation of Hilda and Grace. The one you seek is hidden within.
   The voice kept saying this in my head over and over again. I reached my hand out a little. One touch then I'll get Starr. It just looks so... hypnotic... wait! Hypnotic?! No I need to get Starr now!
   "Chris!" It was the last thing I heard before I was roughly grabbed by the arm and yanked into the portal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   I vowed to protect him... and I will. But in the end his fate is in his own hands. I just hope he isn't like her. Chris... I will be there when you wake. I fight along side you. But I have a purpose. It is my fate.