Chapter 26~

As I sat at the small table, eating a fairly large breakfast, my thoughts found their way to the heart necklace. I'm not sure what it is about it but it calls me. It feels like it's a part of me desperately trying to become whole again.
I sighed as I snapped myself out of my thoughts to finish my food. Once I had I got up from my seat and left to fuming Derek. He said he was going to do something but he didn't say what it was. Or where he was even going.
After awhile of searching, I realized that this place was way larger than I originally thought. Way bigger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sat by Lana as she and Starr conversed. It had been two days since we've last seen or heard from Chris and we were starting to fear the worst.
"Derek... are you okay?" Lana asked, sensing my distress. I nodded and stood up.
"I'm just... gonna go for a walk to the lake and back!" I began to make my way to the lake which expanded out to a sea.
I sat on a small rock and stared at my rippling reflection. I had refused to sleep a wink last night and my reflection showed it. I felt as if my sleepless mirror was calling me to it, begging me to stay. I decided to listen to its silent plea and kept it company.
I heard slow foot steps approach me from behind. I was going to confront the unknown entity that inched closer.
The figure was large and was covered head to toe in slick, black scales. Fire erupted from his head instead of hair and his eyes glowed a threatening red.
I froze in terror as I felt my body fail to run, instead making me shake violently. Something sharp pressed against my back. I opened my mouth to scream but a sudden and deep voice interrupted my train of thought.
"Make a sound and I won't hesitate to make sure that it's the last thing you do..." I closed my mouth instantly and shut my eyes tightly.
Oh gods what do I do?! Uh... wait I know! Maddie can hear thoughts automatically, she said so at dinner last night, so maybe she'll hear me now. SOMEONE HELP!
I held my breath and silently hoped that of all times her to be listening to thoughts it was now.
I felt the sharp point travel up along my spine and stop and my neck. I bite back the urge to scream as the creature behind me started to slowly add pressure to the, I'm going to guess, sword. I felt a warm liquid begin to roll down my back.
"W-why... are you doing this?" My voice was a mere whisper, barely audible but I knew he heard me. I opened my eyes expecting some sort of psychotic grin to be on his face but... he was crying? He's hurting me... and he's crying?!
"I don't want to hurt you but I don't have a choice..." For a second I felt... sympathy. Maybe I can talk to him...
"Everyone has a say in what they do... don't let others control you. If you're gonna kill me, let it be your decision." I felt the point shake. His hands must be trembling.
"Stop it!" I felt him roughly grab my arm and thrust me to the side.
"You don't understand my situation so just shut up. I don't need your pity!" I was about to sit up when he used his foot to hold me down. This is it... I've lived a long, long life... kept my powers a secret, and was a good big brother.
He held the blade to my neck. I could finally see his face outside of its reflection. He looked like he was crying harder.
"You know me... don't you?" His breath hitched at my words. After a long pause he nodded.
"In your universe? We were friends there... weren't we?" He nodded his head once more.
"We were the best of friends." He sighed and removed the swords blade from my neck.
"I'll spare you this once but I'm warning you, if you ever meet my master you'll see he's not as merciful." He smiled at me and helped me up.
"What... what's your name?" He looked up at me with a nervous glare.
"Kirnon... Kirnon Shiyu" I nodded.
"If anyone asks, you barely managed to escape me. I have a killing reputation to keep you know." I laughed but agreed to keep our little meeting a secret.
He began to walk away and I watched. I still felt bad for him though.
"Kirnon!" He stopped and turned to me.
"If you ever need to... you can stay with us!" He smiled but shook his. I frowned and watched as he vanished into the thick forest. Until we meet again.