Chapter 17~

I was glad that everyone was okay with the third eye, though Lana was skeptical. Unfortunately, Starr wasn't so understanding about me drifting away again so, she decided to keep me on a leach. To make sure I couldn't escape easily she also tied my hand behind my back. Since it was still night we all went back to sleep, even me.
   However I was woken up by a faint whisper. I noticed Starr had let go of my leach so I decided to see what was calling out.
   "Over here Chris. I'd kill to see you again." The voice made me uneasy but I followed it to a small clearing and I watched, seemingly frozen as a thick water bubble blanketed the clearing.
   "Hello... Little 'creation'." I turned to see a woman wearing a long black flowing dress. Her hair was a mess and all knotted up. What looked like braids were now twists and turns. Her eyes flowed a dark red. Her skin, pale as the snow and as cold as the winter breeze.
   "W-who are you?" I had an idea but shrugged it off. There's no way...
   "Hmmm do you not recognized me. It's me... Hilda..." I stared at her as if she had just chugged a gallon of bleach.
   "Y-you're-"
   "I was wondering. Why do you think your brother cares? About you."
   "He loves me... I know that he also cares about me!"
   "Does he really? I mean, let's be real here. He's never fought for you. Or risked his life for yours and we all know that humans are selfish. And sorry to break it to you but... he's only human..." I was speechless. My evil creator was here trying to convince me that my own brother doesn't love me.
   "Starr doesn't care either. She's just fulfilling her job. If it came to fight or flight. You'd be left for dead... Lana doesn't need to protect you. Derek is the only person she really cares about." I was going to saw something but I felt like something was in my mouth.
   "I mean Starr even tied you up like a pathetic mutt!"
   "Shut up! You can't saw anything about love! You've never felt it... and no one has ever felt it for you..." With that I turned to leave only to be jerked up.
   I was pushed. Quickly looking I saw that I wasn't in the clearing and Kyoki had gagged me and was going to... toss me in a river?! I started squirming but nothing. I felt my body being suddenly moved and a sudden rush of cold as I was violently thrown into the water. I kicked my feet but without my hands I couldn't do much. I closed my eyes and I could breath. I was back in the clearing? Hilda was gone and I saw the wall of water collapse but before it hit me my eyes opened. I knew that I was dead. I hadn't even reached the bottom of the lake yet.
   This is how it ends... alone in darkness and water. That's when I saw something... a young girl with what looked like a fish tail swimming towards me. But before she reached me I... I breathed in. I couldn't hold it any more I need to. I felt the girl grab me before I just went numb.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   "Ugh I hate those mermaids. A pointless creation of yours."
   "It's better than Kyoki, or Kirnon..."
   "... are not..."
   "Are too!" I heard Kirnon finally speak.
   "Honestly you two bicker like siblings fighting over a toy..."
   "We are not siblings!"