Chapter 19~

I strained every muscle in my body to hold on but my grip was slipping. Above me I saw Derek. He didn't seem to care about me. I tried to pull myself up but when I was close to being safe, Derek kicked me knocking me back to square one.
"D-Derek... please help me..." I looked at him, desperately hoping for any sign of emotion. Only for him to say coldly.
"Why?" I froze. Was he seriously asking why he should help me?!
"... because... we- I..."
"Can't give me an answer? Heh... and your supposed to be smart." I couldn't help the tears falling from my eyes. Why is he doing this?
"S-Starr! Lurec! Maddie! Someone! Help..." I felt a strong grip force me to look Derek in the eyes. Instead of the emotionless expression from before, I was greeted by an angry look of insanity. A look that sent chills across my back.
"Don't worry... you'll see them soon." He let go of my face and step on my fingers, the only things keeping me from falling. I yelped as my tears fell harder. I let go of one side of the ledge. I held in with the other for dear life, however. When I felt pain shoot through my hand I reflexively let go instantly regretting my choice.
I tried to grab something to hold onto but nothing. It was getting harder to breath with the air rushing past me and all. I saw the ground quickly approaching and closed my eyes and let out a loud scream.
"No!" I shot upwards in a twitch as the others, seemingly had been watching me, jumped in surprise. As I tried to catch my breath I felt my brothers warm embrace hold me.
"What... happened in your dream... and what was I doing there?" I felt my voice get caught in my throat.
"You... you were trying to catch me from falling but missed." I lied. I didn't have the heart to tell him what really happened in my dream.
"Well while you were getting your beauty rest we were able to come up with a plan for today." I looked at Starr.
"Okay..."
"We are going to split up into groups and see what we can find." I didn't like this plan.
"Lurec and Maddie will venture North. Lana and Derek south. I'll go East and you'll go West" I nodded, scared to be alone. I gathered some fruit and some water before heading West. Ready to venture alone in the untamed wild.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well I'll die of boredom at this extremely slow rate. I sighed as I headed deeper West than I think I was supposed too. Oops... I had my bow ready incase I needed to fight Kyoki or anything else. However in the peaceful quiet of the forest a small cry was heard. I quickly ran in its direction. Shock came over me as I stared at the small creature. I put away my bow and approached it. Wrapped in a blue blanket was a baby. The baby boy had dark chocolate hair and blue eyes. He seemed to have calmed down after seeing me. Around its neck was an necklace with a name. 'Zerok'
"Zerok?" The baby giggled as it recognized it as his name.
"Saw Zerok, do you wanna come with me?" The baby let out happy gurgles but right as I had scooped him up I heard the sky crackle as water flooded out of the grey clouds.
I quickly took cover and tried to muffle the sound so Zerok wouldn't cry or attract predators. Seeing the way Zerok smiled at me and hugged me falling asleep on my chest seemed to fill me with ease and an odd sense of... happiness. Baby Zerok. My baby. My Zerok.