chapter 15

Italics are dreams/nightmares.
________________
Images are going through my head, Or visions I should say. First it was Daryl bloody but very pale. Then it was Maggie looking pale and very sick. Sasha sweating and scared Abraham kneeling straight and confident. Glenn worried and scared. Carl scared and one eye wrapped up. Eugene looked all beat up. And Rick looked scared and defeated. Everyone else was scared or crying or both. Then a barbed wire bat on someone's shoulder. It didn't show the body or the face of the person holding it. The next vision was the bat all bloody.

I woke up screaming but I didn't scream for long. I took beep breaths and looked over at Daryl who I had accidentally woken up. "Your ok."

"Yeah I know. It was just a nightmare. I think I'm going to keep watch." I said getting up. He wrapped his arm around me.

"Stay here. I'm not leaving you again. Now your nightmare. Do you want to talk about it."he asked and I shook my head laying back down. I rested my head on his chest and I just listened to his heartbeat. Soon I felt tears come to my eyes. Little did I know was that my tears dripping onto his shirt. I felt him rub my arm. "I'm sorry. I shouldnt have asked."

"No no it's fine. It just felt so real. You were bloody. Everyone was scared, crying, or bet up. You and Maggie were very pale. You were pale and covered in blood. Maggie just looked sickly I'll. Then I see a bat covered in barb wires and next thing I know it was cover in blood. I woke up then. I just had a feeling that it was your blood. I can't lose you. I just can't."

"And you wont. It was just a dream. You won't lose me. I won't lose you. We are never separating." He said and I looked at him. I kissed him and he kissed back. Soon we were pulling away and I lay back on his chest. I closed my eyes and Let sleep take over.

I woke up to Daryl shaking me gently. I got startled alittle and he apologized for it. I peck his lips. "Rick said it's time to go" he said and I nodded. I slowly got up but Daryl picked me up.

"You know my legs work right."

"I just want to hold you." He said and I wrapped my arms around his neck and I kissed him. He stopped walking and kissed me. "Hey Rick I'll catch up with you guys we're going hunting." He said and he started walking to the right into the forest.

"What are we really doing." I said. He put me down.

"I'm going to teach you how to fire a crossbow."

"I already know how. A crossbow. A old-fashioned bow. I know all weapons. Dad was in the military. It's the perks of knowing and talking to his friends. It was my only light." I said and he nodded. "I could teach you how to clean it properly. Arrows and all." I said.

"I don't need you to" he said and I nodded.

"Now let's go. Are we hunting or not." I said and he walked after me as we hunted. All we could find was two squarrals.

"Damn it. We don't have enough for everyone." Daryl said. He was alittle pissed. I grabbed his hand and he calmed down. He looked at me and I smile at him.

"We should head back. We don't want to lose the group."

"Or we could do something else." He said moving closer to me. I shook my head. "Hey what's wrong."

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"You are not fine." He said. I turn to him and I looked him in the eyes.

"I. Am. Fine." I said and he frowned. I walk back towards the road but I was stopped.

"One. your going the wrong way. Two. I know your not fine. Three. I missed you." He said and I chuckled.

"I missed you too. But really I'm fine. Let's go." I said and he grabbed my hand and we walked back. Once we rejoined the group we ended up resting an hour later. "Rick do you even know where we are going."