Second Chance At First Line Part 3

Once we saw Derek's car leave, Stiles drove up to Derek's house. (Read: Derek's piece of burned wood). We got out of the car with the shovels. I rubbed my arms trying to stay warm as we walked towards the spot where my brother had smelled the blood. 'I could've been home now.' I mumbled. 'Watching a movie. Preferably with Ashton Kutcher.' I shrugged. Both boys glared at me. 'What? You'd prefer Channing Tatum?' I asked. Stiles shoved a shovel in my hands. 'Will Smith maybe?' I asked softly and they both groaned in response. Maybe I should stop talking about hot dudes with dudes. 'Wait, something's different.' My brother suddenly said. 'Different how?' Stiles asked him. 'I don't know... Let's just get this over with.' Scott said and started digging. After some minutes that felt like hours- of digging we had created a pretty big hole. I was proud of us. But of course my brother had to ruin my point. 'This is taking way too long.' He groaned and looked around. Probably listening if he couldn't hear Derek's car coming back with his new awesome supernatural werewolf hearing. 'What if he comes back?' He asked. 'Then we get the hell outta here.' I shrugged. 'What if he catches us?' Scott continued asking. 'I have a plan for that.' Stiles said.

'Oh yeah? What plan?' I chuckled. 'Scott runs one way, you and I run the other. Whoever he catches first, too bad.' He shrugged. I rolled my eyes. Only Stiles could come up with something like that. 'I hate that plan!' Scott exclaimed. 'And besides, why should I put my sister's life in your hands?' He asked raising an eyebrow. 'Because.' Stiles began. 'We don't have supernatural strength like you. So together we'll at least have some chance against him.'

'That actually kinda makes sense.' I noticed. 'But still.' I continued. 'My short legs were not made for running. So I'll stay here while you run.' I said. 'So that Derek can kill you?' Stiles concluded. I smirked slightly. 'No. I smile sweetly, tell him it was your fault and that if he wants to kill anyone it should be you.'

'Maybe this is the perfect time to tell you that mom switched baby's in the hospital when you were born and your real parents are currently in jail.' Scott chuckled. 'Oh really? Is that why she told me I was constantly kicking you when she was 7 months pregnant?' I asked smirking. 'Short legs that aren't made for running probably aren't made for kicking either.' Scott shot back. 'Is there anything my short legs are good for?' I said and sighed aggressively. 'You know what, don't even answer that question.' I mumbled when both the boys opened their mouths to response. And I had this feeling I did not want to know what they were going to say. Suddenly there was a slight bump from beneath Stiles' shovel. Scott and I gave each other a look before we dropped to our knees and started brushing the dirt away. But of course Derek had to tie whatever we found up in like a thousand knots. 'Hurry up!' My brother hissed. 'I'm trying but did he had to tie thing up in like nine hundred knots?' Stiles sighed. After we finally got the knots undone we moved the covers away. As soon as we saw what was under it, the three of us screamed and jumped out of the whole. I continued screaming long after they had stopped and had latched myself to Stiles' arm. Holding on for dear life. Scott suddenly put his hand over my mouth and I stopped screaming. 'You want Derek to hear you?!' He whisper shouted. 'What the hell is that?!' Stiles yelled. Oh so he gets to yell but I can't scream? We looked back at what had made us scream like that. 'That's a wolf?' My brother said confused.

'Yeah we can see that!' Stiles exclaimed sarcastically. He looked down at his arm I was still holding on to and I quickly let go.

'I thought you said you smelled blood?' Stiles asked Scott. 'As in human blood.' He said. 'I told you something was different.' Scott replied with a shrug. 'Let's just get this thing covered up and get the hell outta here.' I sighed as I already started pulling the covers back over the animal. 'This doesn't make sense though... Why would Derek bury a wolf in his back yard?' I mumbled. I noticed Stiles staring at something in the distance. I followed his gaze and saw a small purple flower. 'What's wrong?' My brother asked. 'You see that flower?' Stiles said nodding at the flower. Scott shot it a quick look. 'What about it?' He asked. 'I think that's wolfs bane...' Stiles mumbled. 'That is wolfs bane.' I cut in. Stiles gave me another 'why the hell do you know this?' Look. 'I watch the vampire diaries.' I shrugged.

'Wait...what?' My brother cut in. Stiles and I groaned. I don't know how Scott would survive without us. 'Haven't you ever seen The Wolfman?' Stiles asked him. Scott shook his head in response. 'Lon Chaney Jr? Claude Rains?' Stiles asked. Again, Scott shook his head. 'The original classic werewolf movie?! Really Scott?' I groaned. 'No! what?' My brother sighed. 'You are so unprepared for this...' Stiles mumbled as he got up and walked towards the purple flower. Note to Derek: If you want to decorate your garden, you might need a few more flowers. And maybe not wolfs bane... Since they don't match very well with werewolves. Stiles carefully pulled the flower from the ground. As he did, he pulled a rope with it. It was attached to the flower. Stiles kept pulling out more rope and I noticed he started walking in circles around us. When my twin and I looked back at the hole, there was no longer a wolf laying there. 'Stiles...' Scott breathed out. Stiles came standing between us. 'Whoa!' The three of us looked at the dead girl beneath us.

**_**

'So... What happens next?' I asked my brother as we watched Derek being walked towards a police car by a police officer. 'I don't know.' He shrugged. Derek glared at us before he entered the car. My brother had a look of guilt on his face but I decided to be polite and waved at him with a smile. My smile quickly faded when I saw a familiar boy walking towards the same car Derek was now in. 'Oh no...' Scott and I sighed at the same time. We gave each other a look. We all know what comes next, we fight over who has to go get him. We both put our hands behind our back. 'Paper, rock, scissors!' Fuck. My rock lost from his paper.

I jogged towards the car Stiles had just stepped into. 'What the hell are you doing here?' Stiles whisper shouted looking out of the windows. 'My rock lost from Scott's paper.' I shrugged and both Stiles and Derek looked at me like I was mentally ill. Stiles sighed deciding not to ask any further questions and turned his attention to Derek. 'Okay, just so you know, I'm not afraid of you.' He said. Derek looked up with his usual amount of emotion (that means none) and Stiles quickly changed his mind. 'Okay maybe I am. Doesn't matter. I just wanna know something. That girl you killed, she was a werewolf. But she was a different kind wasn't she? I mean she could turn herself into an actual wolf and I know Scott can't do that.' He said. I'm glad he can't... I don't think I could handle my brother turn into a big hairy dog. 'Is that why you killed her?' Stiles asked. That question finally got us a response from mister poker face. 'Why are you so worried about me when it's your friend who's the problem?' He asked nodding at my brother who was still outside.

'When he shifts on the field what do you think they're gonna do? Ha? Just keep cheering him on?' Derek asked. 'I can't stop him from playing but you and your little girlfriend here can.' I choked on my own spit. 'I'm not his girlfriend.' I said quickly. 'And I'm not short I'm fun size.' I said in a defending way. Did Stiles and I really look like a couple? Suddenly the door opened and someone pulled Stiles out of the car. I groaned painfully when he pulled me with him. Why couldn't I just get out on my side instead of being dragged to the other side...? Which hurts by the way. My eyes widened when I saw it was papa Stilinski who was dragging us away from the car. 'There, stand.' He said clearly not happy with us.

'What the hell do you think you're doing?' He asked us. 'I was just trying to help!' Stiles responded. 'Okay well why don't you help me understand how you came across this?' Papa Stilinski asked us. Stiles sighed deeply. 'We were looking for Scott's inhaler.' No.

'Which he dropped when?'

'The other night.' No. No. Hell no...

'The other night you were out looking for the first half of the body?' Papa Stilinski asked.

'Yes!' Stiles sighed. Nope. Nopedienope. This is not happening. 'The night you told me you were alone and Scott and Sam were at home?' The sheriff asked. 'Yes. No! Crap...' Stiles sighed hanging his head. Yep, it happened. 'Great move Stilinski.' I muttered. 'So you lied to me?' Papa Stilinski concluded. 'That depends on how you define lying...' Stiles said. Oh crap. 'Well I define it as not telling the truth how do you define it?'

'Uh...pff... reclining your body in a horizontal position?' Stiles said slowly and added these cute movements with his hand. Hold on gurl, did you just say cute? Oh crap... 'Get the hell outta here.' Papa Stilinski sighed. 'Absolutely.' Stiles said as he grabbed my hand and we walked off. When we get home, I might ask my mom to check on me because there is something really wrong with me...

Hiya!

So, I totally failed my exam today I think oops yolo sweg