The Tell

[Samantha POV]

It had been a day since the whole 'Derek got shot' thing. I found a note stuck to my forehead when I woke up from Stiles saying Derek was fine and he brought me home. Apparently Derek also took Scott to see his paralyzed uncle to show him how dangerous the Argents are. Now, all my homework was done and I was bored like hell. Only 9 pm and I am not going to sleep yet. I climbed out of bed and walked towards my collection of movies, I already saw all of them a hundred times so this wasn't gonna work. About 20 minutes later I found myself at the video store. Right before I was about to enter the store something jumped out of the window. I screamed falling back on my butt. What the holy hell. Lydia, who was in a car near me also screamed. What just even happened? What was that? I just sat there thinking about the possibilities. Could it be a werewolf? It was nothing like the werewolves I had already seen but I sure wasn't a mountain lion either. I didn't know how long I sat there but I did know it had been a while since the ambulance and the police started arriving. Jackson was taken out of the store, oh great he was here. And Lydia was sat in an ambulance probably for check-up. Two guys walked over to me. 'Miss? Are you alright?' One asked me. I nodded looking up at them. 'Can you tell us what happened?' I looked at the broken window and back at them. Then I suddenly heard a familiar voice. 'It's okay, I know this one!' Papa Stilinski. 'Samantha, hey are you alright?' He asked crouching down in front of me. 'Come on let's get you up.'

[Stiles POV]

My dad walked over to this girl sitting on the ground. I think she was probably in chock. When he helped her up and walked her to the ambulance I almost choked in my drink. The girl who was walking next to him had long wavy black hair, she had one arm wrapped around her petite body and one around my father's waist practically hiding herself in his jacket, like she was trying to lock herself out of the world. My princess was being helped into an ambulance. I got out of the car and ran towards her. 'Samantha!' I called. 'Stiles, I told you to stay in the car!' My dad sighed. I ignored him and took Sam's face in my hands. 'Hey, hey, Sammy?' She didn't respond. 'She's in shock, son.' My dad told me. 'Hey, Sammy. It's me, Stiles?' I whispered. She slowly looked up, tears in her eyes. 'Stiles...' She whispered before wrapping her arms around me and sobbing onto my shoulder. I'd never seen her like this, and I've known this girl my whole life. This whole werewolf thing must have a big effect on her. 'Stiles.' She whispered again, so quiet I knew only I could hear it. 'That wasn't a mountain lion.' She croaked. I frowned and looked at my dad. Behind him I saw a gurney with a body on it being taking away. My dad sighed. 'Take her home will ya?' He said. I nodded and walked her to my jeep. She was still holding on to me like her life depended on it. In others situations, this would be real nice. 'Stiles.' She mumbled as I helped her in the passenger's seat. 'It wasn't a mountain lion...'

'I know baby, I know. It'll be alright.' I kissed her forehead before closing the door.

When we arrived at her house, she had fallen asleep. So I had to carry her to the front door. 'Oh my goodness! Sammy?' Melissa gasped when she opened the door. 'She's alright! She's alright!' I quickly told her and walked inside. 'She's just in shock.' I said. 'What happened?' She asked stroking Sam's hair out of her face. 'She saw something at the video store, something killed a guy.'

'Oh, my baby...' Melissa whispered. 'Can I take her to her room?' I asked. She nodded and I walked up the stairs. I carefully laid her down on her bed and pulled the covers up. This was the second time I brought her here.

[Samantha]

There was a knock on the door which woke me up. 'Morning sleepy head.' I pulled the covers over my face and my brother chuckled. 'Hey uh, mom told me that it's alright if you wanna stay home today... We get it.' He told me as he sat down on my bed.