Code Breaker Part 2

Stiles and I finally made it to the hospital. We had to run all the way there, because of Peter Stiles' jeep was a no-go. Stupid Peter and his stupid werewolf strength. We stepped out of the elevator. We both wanted to see Lydia as fast as possible, but papa Stilinski stopped us. 'You know what? It's a good thing we're in a hospital because I'm gonna kill you!' He whisper shouted. Stiles gulped and looked at me, as if there was an explanation written on my face. 'I'm sorry I lost the keys to my jeep we had to run all the way here.' He said. 'Stiles!' The sheriff yelled. 'I don't care!' I bit my lower lip and looked at the ground. 'Is she gonna be okay?' I whispered, my voice shaking. The sheriff sighed and his expression softened. 'They don't know.' He said quietly. 'Partially because they don't what happened. She lost a lot of blood but there's... there's something else going on with her.' He said. I blinked a few times, I could see Lydia in the room behind the sheriff. She looked so peaceful. I don't think she was in pain. 'What?' Stiles asked. 'Doctors say it's like she's having an allergic reaction. Her body keeps going into shock. Look, did either of you see anything? Did you have any idea who or what attacked her?' The sheriff asked us. I shook my head and looked at Stiles, he stayed quiet for a bit. 'No, no I have no idea.' He then said. 'What about Scott?' The sheriff continued. 'What do you mean? What about him?' I asked confused. 'Did he see anything?' Papa Stilinski asked me. My eyes widened. 'Wait what? Is he not here?' I asked. 'What are you talking about?' The sheriff said confused. 'I've been calling him on his cell phone, got no response.' He said. I looked back at Lydia's room, where Jackson was now standing next to the window. I knew he heard the conversation because he shrugged his shoulders at me in a way saying he didn't know either. But if my brother wasn't here... then where the hell is he? 'Yeah and you're not gonna get one.' Stiles sighed making my head snap in his direction. He looked at me but didn't say anything. A few minutes later, papa Stilinski was walking us down the hall way. 'Look guys, just go wait with your friends.' He told us. 'Dad just tell us!' Stiles said. 'You know it has something to do with Derek.' He continued. The sheriff gave us an odd look. 'I thought you guys said you barely knew him?' He asked us. 'Yeah, we may know him a little better than that.' I admitted with a sigh. Stiles' dad let out sigh before grabbing the back of our necks and dragging us further down the hallway. 'You do realize I'm elected to this job right?' The sheriff sighed. 'And if we help you figure this out you'll be re-elected, am I right?' Stiles hot back. 'Dad come on, we can help.'

I could see the sheriff was definitely thinking about this. Deep inside he knew he could trust us. 'You know that girl in there has nothing to do with a six year old arson case.' He then told us. 'When did you decide if was definitely arson?' Stiles asked grabbing his father's arm. 'Well, we got a key witness and no I'm not telling you who it is but yeah, yeah we know its arson. And that is was probably organized by a young woman.' He said. I shot Stiles a quick look before asking. 'What young woman?' The sheriff looked us with raised eyebrows. 'Is this because of the whole dating thing or have you spend too much time with the twins?' Papa Stilinski asked his son. 'How do you know... doesn't matter. What young woman?' He asked again. 'If we knew that, she'd be in jail.' The sheriff said with a sigh. 'Was she young then, or is she young now?' I asked quickly. 'I- ugh, she's probably in her late twenties.' The sheriff said, then reaching into his pocket to answer his phone. 'I gotta grab this call.' He said. 'You don't know her name?' Stiles exclaimed. Come on sheriff, give us something. I have to be sure that it's not the person who I think it is. 'No- I don't, what is this? Twenty questions?' The sheriff exclaimed. 'All we know is that she had a very distinctive... uh what do you call it? A pendant!' Wait, wait, a very distinctive neckless? Oh my god. Why am I always right. 'What the hell is a pendant?' Stiles yelled making me groan. Really Stiles? 'Stiles do you go to school?' Papa Stilinski shouted, clearly wanting to answer his phone. 'A pendant, a pendant... It's a neckless. Now can I answer the phone?' Stiles nodded and the sheriff walked off with his phone pressed to his ear. Stiles stood there baffled. Clearly not getting the picture. 'Stiles, are you really telling me you don't know?' I practically yelled. He threw his hands up in the air. 'What? How am I supposed to know what a pendant is! Why doesn't he just call it a neckless?' He shot back still raising his hands in defensive way. I groaned and rolled my eyes. 'Not that you idiot! It's Kate! Kate gave Allison the neckless! The neckless we had to steal? With that symbol on? It's Kate who burned down the Hale house Stiles!' Stiles jaw dropped slowly, as he slowly realized what I was saying. 'Oh my god.' He breathed. He cupped my face in his hands. 'Samantha McCall you are a genius and I love you!' He pressed a quick kiss to my lips before grabbing my hands and we started making our way back to the elevator. Suddenly Jackson was walking behind us. 'Where are you going?' He asked us. 'To find my brother.' I answered, not even looking around. 'You don't have a car.' Jackson noticed. 'We're aware of that thank you.' Stiles snapped. 'Look, I'll drive.' He said and grabbed my shoulder to stop us from walking. Stiles smacked his hand off my shoulder. 'Look just because you feel all guilty all of sudden, doesn't make it okay. Half of this is still your fault okay?' Stiles said. 'Look, I have a car and you don't. Do you want my help or not?' Jackson said, not even looking offended. Stiles and I looked at each other. I raised my eyebrows saying we could use his car. Stiles then threw his hands up in the air saying we would do just fine without his help. I then crossed my arms under my chest saying it was the only option we had now. Stiles sighed. 'Did you bring the Porsche?' He asked Jackson. 'Yeah, and that was totally weird.' He said grabbing the keys from his pocket. 'We know.' Stiles said snatching the keys from his hands. 'I'll drive.'