Second Chance At First Line Part 4

I was once again placed in Stiles' backseat. Scott and I had been given the job of searching for any use of wolfs bane by werewolves. I shoved my bag on Scott's lap so I had more room the move. I laid down, stretching my legs across the seat and resting my head against the widow. 'You comfy back there?' Stiles chuckled. 'I can't find anything about wolfs bane being used for burial.' Scott sighed. 'Stop whining and keep looking.' I mumbled. Although he was right, I couldn't find anything either. 'Maybe it's like a ritual or something.' Stiles said. 'Like they bury you as a wolf.' Sounds fun. Not. 'Or maybe it's like a special skill or something, something you have to learn.' Stiles continued. 'I'll put it on my to do list.' Scott said. 'Underneath how I'm gonna figure out how I'm gonna play this game tonight.'

I got this weird feeling in my belly. I recognized it. I had it once when we were younger. It turned out something was wrong with my brother, that was before our asshole father decided to leave us. Is this the same thing? Was there something wrong with my brother? When I looked away from my phone to him, I figured there was, his breathing became heavier and he squeezed his eyes shot sometimes. 'Stiles...' I mumbled as I slowly got up.

'Maybe it's different for girl werewolves.' Stiles said, completely ignoring me. 'Okay, stop it!' Scott groaned. 'Stop what?' Stiles asked confused. 'Stop saying werewolf! Stop enjoying this so much!' Scott exclaimed. 'Scott, you okay?' I asked placing a concerned hand on his shoulder. 'No! No I'm not! I'm so far from being okay!' He groaned as his breathing became even heavier. 'Well you're gonna have to except this Scott, sooner or later.' Stiles said. Really? Did he really not see that there was something wrong with my brother? 'I can't!' Scott exclaimed. 'Well you're gonna have to...'

'No I can't! I can't breathe!' Wait, was this an asthma attack? I wanted to reach for my bag to grab his spare inhaler, I kept it with me in case he needs it, when I realized I had given my bag to Scott. I reached my hand for my bag but quickly pulled it back when my brother slammed his hand against the ceiling of Stiles' jeep. This was no asthma attack. 'Whoa, whoa, whoa!' Stiles said. He finally got it. 'Sam, get back.' He said. 'Pull over.' Scott said in a low voice. 'Wha- why what's happening?' Stiles asked as he looked between my twin and the road in front of him. Scott grabbed my bag and opened it. I groaned when I saw the wolfs bane inside. 'You kept it?' Scott exclaimed. 'What was I supposed to do with it?' Stiles shot back, panic raising in his voice. 'Stop the car!' Scott said and I squeaked and jumped back when I saw a flash of golden eyes. No please not again... Stiles yanked my bag away from Scott and opened his door. 'No Stiles wait!' I yelled. 'Those are my.... school books...' I sighed but it was already too late. He had already thrown them away. 'Okay we're good!' Stiles said but when he turned around his face showed no good news. I looked at where my brother was sat but all that was left, was an empty seat and the door banging slightly.

'Scott?' Stiles asked. I sighed and climbed into my brother's seat. Stiles attempted to climb back into his but I stopped him. 'No no no, mister. You are going to get me my books first.'

**_**

'Stiles, Sam... You guys know you can't call on dispatch when I'm on duty.' Holly told us with a sigh. 'We just need to know if you've had any odd calls.' I said to her. The phone was on speaker and I held it between me and Stiles. 'Odd?' She asked. 'How?'

'Uh...like and odd person.' Stiles said. 'Or a dog like individual roaming the streets...'

'I'm hanging up on you now...' She said. 'No, no, no, wait!' Stiles and I called but it didn't matter. She gave us a simple goodbye and hung up on us. 'Now what?' Stiles sighed.

'I'm calling him again.' I said as I pulled out my phone. I dialed Scott's number and held to phone to my ear. No response. I groaned and threw it next to Stiles'. 'We'll go check at your place and then we'll head to the school. He's probably there preparing for the game.' Stiles told me. I nodded convincing myself that he was right.