Heart Monitor

'Scott.' I whined. He looked at me over his shoulder. We were walking across the parking lot, we had just gone to the store and Scotty boy had made me carry all the bags. 'Why are you letting the hobbit carry all the bags?' I asked raising an eyebrow. 'Because, you should grow some muscle. I have supernatural strength but if you ran into a werewolf you'd end up as sushi.' Scott said with a shrug. I groaned and pushed one of the bags in his hands and mumbled 'Idiot.' as I walked away towards our car. I stopped walking causing my brother to bump into me. 'What the hell?' He sighed. 'Our car is not on this floor.' I shrugged and turned around and walked away. Scott sighed and followed. We made our way to the fourth level. I put down the bags I was carrying and grabbed the car keys. 'What are you doing?' Scott asked. 'Well, I'm not planning on following you around this entire parking lot, so shut up and listen.' I told him and pressed the button that locked and unlocked your car. I could hear a beep and smiled proudly at my twin brother. He went to pick up his bags but of course the milk decided to go on a walk and rolled under a car. Scott looked at me. 'Get under there.' He said pointing at the car. I threw my hands in the air. 'Why me?'

'Because you're smaller than I am.' He shrugged in response. I sighed and sent him some daggers before I dropped to all fours in front of the car. But just then the milk came rolling back. Followed by a deep growl. The alpha. I swallowed loudly and felt Scott grabbing my arms, pulling me up. 'Samantha, run, now.' He said. 'No need to tell me that twice.' I said quickly and grabbed his arm as we started running away. I looked around now and then but I couldn't see the alpha anywhere, I could hear him though. We made our way back to the third level and Scott suddenly dragged us behind a car. My heart was racing, so was Scott's and we knew it was a big problem. The alpha could hear exactly where we were hiding. Scott crawled up dragging me with him by my hand. 'Go!' He yelled before jumping onto a car. The alarm went off and he jumped onto another car. Clever, I must admit. I ran and hid behind another car. Scott appeared next to me not long after. We thought we were save, that was until Scott's phone went off. I cursed as he quickly dove into his pockets. A bump sounded from above us. Someone grabbed my brother's hoodie and pulled him up. I rolled over to see him being smashed onto the car. 'You're dead.' Said Derek. I felt back on the ground hitting my head against the cold floor. 'You've got to be kidding me.' I muttered.

**_**

'What the hell was that?' Scott exclaimed. We were again walking in the parking lot, only now Derek was with us. 'I said I was gonna teach you I didn't say when.' Derek replied with a shrug. 'You scared the crap out of us!' Scott yelled. 'I practically died out there you idiot!' I added. Derek shot us a look. 'Not yet.' He said. 'Oh, okay, but I was fast right?' My brother asked Derek. 'Not fast enough.' Derek said. 'But the car alarm move, that was smart right?' I asked sticking up for my brother. It was, until his phone went off though... 'Till your phone rang.' Derek said speaking for my thoughts. 'Yeah but that was... I mean... Would you just stop!' Derek stopped walking and slowly turned around, facing me and my brother. 'What happened the other night at the school, Stiles' dad getting hurt, that was my fault! I should've been there to do something, I need you to teach me how to control this!' Scott said raising his voice.

Wait what? Stiles' dad got hurt? What the hell even happened last night? All I know is what Scott told me, that our mom and Allison's parents were very well pissed off after they had returned from their trip, and that then suddenly some kind of animal showed up. Scott thought it was the alpha but it turned out to be a mountain lion, Mister Argent shot it.

'Look.' Derek began. 'I am what I am because of birth, you were bitten. Teaching someone who's bitten takes time. I don't even know if I can teach you.' He said. 'What do I have to do?' Scott asked. 'You have to get rid of distractions.' Derek said. He grabbed Scott's phone and showed us the screen. 'You see this?' He asked. It said "on missed call: Allison." 'This is why I caught you.' He continued. 'If you want me to teach you, get rid of her.' He said. 'What just because of her family?' I asked crossing my arms over my chest. You can't just ask him to stay away from his girlfriend? In response, Derek smashed Scott's phone against the wall. I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. 'You getting angry?' Derek asked my brother. 'That's your first lesson, you wanna learn how to control this? How to control the shift? You do it through anger. You can't do that with her around.'