Prologue

**A/N: So this is the new Prologue. Since its the prologue it isn't that long but you need to tell me what you think. I need at least 5 votes and 5 comments. Don't try to guess what Angel's secret is because you probably won't get it right.**

"Throw it away, forget yesterday, we'll make the great escape!" - The Great Escape by Boys Like Girls

The wind picked up around me as I ran. There was nothing around me, except for trees. Endless and endless amount of trees, all of them concealing me from the outside world.

The pressure of what I was doing weighed down on me. The bad things of my life were growing further and further away. Everything has changed now and I never expected this to happen.

The bright neon lights glowed through the night. It was just a motel that was rundown but that didn't matter.

I ran up through the parking lot, which was packed with cars. I figured they were either traveling people or those with dirty little secrets. Dirty little secrets like me. Would my secret be as bad as a person having an affair? Or was it worse?

I walked into the front office, which seemed to violate all types of health violations. It was a small box shaped room. There was this type of dull egg shell white paint on the wall that was chipping all over in random places. In the upper left hand corner there was this brownish mold space that if you squinted real hard looked like a face. The chair, which I didn't dare sit on, seemed to be covered in a thin layer of dust.

I looked at the aged old lady who stood behind the black front desk, which gave her at least three quarters of the room. Her thin gray hair hung like the web's of a spider around her aged face.

"Yes my dear? Would you like a room?" She asked me, her deep brown eyes on me.

I was staring at her aged face that was covered in wrinkles.

"No ma'am, I just wanted to go to the restroom." I told her.

"Sure sweetheart. You'll just have to exit the office and go down seven doors to your left." She said, smiling at me. Her teeth were either missing or in between yellow and brown. I smiled back, slightly hoping I would never grow this old. Old age frightened me.

I nodded as I walked out of the small office, taking a left and strolling past the doors. A7, A8, A9, all the rooms on the first floor were lettered with A. When I got to the room marked A13 there was a door marked restroom that has the sign of a blue male and female stick figures. Each time I saw these signs I smirked. They could've at least given the female some hair.

I walked inside, not really surprised by the putrid smell that penetrated my nostrils. This hotel was a gross mess, which made it a wonder why people stayed here. They were obviously cheap assholes.

The mirror, which hung above the brown ringed sink, was covered in grey streaks of who knows what. From what I could see of my reflection I looked a mess.

My long brown hair hung down in curls, touching all the way down to the beginning of my stomach. My blue-grey eyes showed out in a icy contrast against the black mascara and eyeliner that was on my light brown skin.

I grabbed a paper towel and wiped off the deep red lipstick and the eyeliner off. I dabbed at it with my tongue before getting the mascara off. Now I some what resembled a guy.

I pulled off the dress I was wearing, a silk red one, and threw it in the garbage. I rolled down the black lace stockings and pulled off my stilettos before taking them off, also throwing it in the garbage. Last was the irritating thong.

Once all of it was removed I dug in my bag to retrieve the only pair of clothes I had with me. I pulled on the white tee that was covered in food stains. Then I pulled on the blue jeans that had various amounts of holes and rips in them. I pulled on the Chuck Taylor's that were beaten and worn out.

I reached in my bag for the final thing. I pulled out the black handled scissors, grabbed chunks of my hair and started cutting. I didn't feel that pain that girls felt on the movies when their hair got cut. I felt happy and full of delight as the brown curls fell to the floor. I kept cutting until my hair was shoulder length. This was where it was straight and untouched by curling irons.

After I was done I looked at myself in the mirror again, my girly persona discarded, leaving a boy staring back at me. I couldn't help but smile at him. I almost forgot what he looked like. I turned and walked out, leaving my physical representation of my past behind me.

The night air stung my bare arms and legs with its embrace, wrapping me up until I became once again accustomed to it.

I glanced back at the woods for a brief second before looking at the road before me. There was a vending machine on the side of the motel, calling my name.

Too bad I was too broke to even afford anything from there. I never got to keep money. Hell I didn't even get paid! But sometimes I would find money and sneak off to McDonald's. Each time I had to deal with the consequences but I didn't care. As long as I ate.

I tore my eyes away from the vending machine and walked towards the edge of the road.

Cars were steadily passing by me at more than 50mph. I walked down the side of the road, the wind from the passing cars blowing my hair and clothes. I shivered from the cool air, finally coming to a stop ten minutes later.

I could still see the motel sign and the dark woods in the distance. I looked at the speeding cars and made up my mind.

I stood on the corner and held my arm out, waiting for a car to be kind.

I guess everyone in this town seen a horror movie about a hitchhiker apparently. Nobody even remotely showed any signs of slowing down. In fact every car sped up once they saw me. One car even tried to run me off the side of the road.

I became frustrated with the waiting because I was a tad impatient. I turned to walk back to the motel, the thought of working for a few bucks and a free stay in my mind.

Just as I started back down the path, headlights illuminated the way. I turned around, shielding my eyes from the bright light. I stood there in shock, the horn pulling me back to the present.

I jumped into action, running to the passenger's side and getting in. I put my empty bag between my legs on the floor.

A blue nail painted white hand popped up right in front of me. I turned to the side to look at the chick beside me.

My mouth almost fell open in awe. She was the petite, curvy girl, who could've passed for a model. She had long blonde hair that fell to her bosoms. Eyes so blue that even in the darkness they seemed to shine. She had a bright white smile that radiated in the car.

"Kadie!" She said in this airy musical tone once I took her hand. I stared at her still silent. "You're name is?"

"Ummm....Angel." I said softly.

"Where to Angel?"

"As far away as possible." I whispered.

"L.A. it is then." She decided for me.

**So other chapters will be twice as long as this. Ummm also the number of votes and comments will go up by five for each chapter. So five for the prologue. Ten for chapter one, then fifteen and so forth.**