Chapter Seventeen

**A/N: This is the last chapter unfortunately. I just didn't think it was getting the reads out should've so I'm ending it early. :c**

"I've never known the lovin' of a man. But it sure felt nice when he was holdin' my hand, There's a boy here in town, says he'll love me forever, Who would have thought that forever could be severed by...... the sharp knife of a short life, oh well? I've had just enough time" - If I Die Young by The Band Perry

Even the sky was crying on this day. Funerals were the worst thing ever. There was no proper way to say goodbye without feeling the pain. The roses were black, the symbol of death, for the dearly departed.

The boys wouldn't stop crying even though it's been days since it happened. They were all so attached so I can't blame them. It hurt me just to watch them cry and be in so much pain. To know there was nothing I could do to stop the pain.

I placed two roses on the casket, one red and one blue. I wouldn't place a black one on there because he would never be dead to me, no natter how many years past.

"Zayn, I'll always love you." I whispered before walking back to Louis. He was a mess and I was trying to comfort him but they were like brothers and it was my fault that Zayn was dead.

~Flashback~

I held my eyes tightly closed as the gun shot went off, waiting for the bullet to hit me. After a couple of seconds of nothing I opened them to see Zayn in front of me, blood seeping from his stomach.

"FREEZE!" I heard behind me. I turned around to see officers storming into the room, guns pointed at the sub human guy.

"Tanner," One guy said in a suit that made it obvious that he was the FBI. "Do you know how long we've been searching for you? All these boys being kidnapped and sold into the sex trade because of you."

"Fuck him! Zayn! What are you doing here?!" I screamed.

"Your ring." He said. I looked down at the ring he me earlier. I kissed his hand, the ring had a tracking device on it. He cared about me and my edginess about everything around me.

"You were watching me." I said. "Keeping tabs?" I leaned down,  kissing his forehead as the tears started to swell in both of our eyes.

I felt arms try to pry Zayn out of my arms. "No!" I screamed, holding on to him. They pulled him away from me, placing him on the gurnee (spell check) and wheeling him away from me. I ran beside them, none of the other boys were here. Did he come alone? Why would he do that?! I was fully prepared to die.

"Sir we have to take you in for questioning." An officer said to me. I pushed him away as I ran to Zayn's side. He wasn't breathing.

"Help him!" I screamed. "Please just help him!" They pulled me away from him, separating us.

Ends up we went to the hospital where they questioned me at. Then they let me sit in the waiting room where I met up with the boys, all of them stressing out, fidgeting like mice.

It wasn't long afterwards that a nervous doctor walked into the waiting room, delivering the grim news. Louis was the first to break down, charging at the doctor, screaming that he didn't try hard enough. That he was still alive. But I knew the doctor was right. Zayn was dead. I felt it.

Harry was the only one who could hold Louis back. I couldn't do anything, could barely move. Hell I wasn't even sure if I was breathing. Why couldn't I be like Niall, who was crying into Liam's shoulder. Was I holding it in? I figured that was the case but I was emotionless the whole time through everything that occured. Just catatonic.

~End of Flashback~

Now here we all were, all in black, attending the private funeral. Kadie had managed to keep both of her boys together. I lost one of mines amd couldn't even stop the other one from crying. I was pathetic. Zayn died saving me and I couldn't even shed a tear for him.

Louis squeezed my hand as Harry squeezed my shoulders. "He's in a better place." Harry whispered.

"I killed him."

"Don't say that." Louis said, pulling a box out of his jacket pocket. He handed me the little black box, which I slowly opened. Inside was a black magnetic necklace that had a Z on it along with a note. I opened the note and read it out loud.

Dear Fallen Angel,

Hopefully you found this under your pillow. You're the reason that I live. I will do anything for you, even die. I just wanted you to know that no matter what happens in the future, no matter where we go in the future, where our paths take us. Just know that the wings I have remind me of you so hopefully this Z reminds you of me. Promise you'll wear it always like I'll wear my wings always.

I'll Always Love You,
Zayn Malik

I folded the paper back up, placing it in my pocket. I took the necklace out and put it on, the first set of tears falling down my face. I could tell it wasn't rain because I was protected by the umbrella.

"It's about time you cried." Louis whispered. I placed my head on his shoulder as he brought his hand up to stroke my hair. "It's okay." He said, squeezing my hand still. "He saved you."

I nodded, chewing on my lip. "He shouldn't have."

"Well who could blame him. I would've done the same thing." He said.

"That makes me the grim reaper." I mumbled.

"No idiot, that makes you someone we fell in love with." He said, turning around and pulling me with him. The others were with us as we all walked from the now buried Zayn.

Love was something new to me, something that I still had to get a grasp on. I didn't want anymore dying for me that's for sure but I knew one thing. "I promise I'll never forget you and that I'll always love you Zayn Malik." I said under my breath. I placed my hand on the Z. I knew my dark angel would always be watching over me. Smiling down at me as I continued on living the the life he gave his for. Free from all my worries and loved by his best friend. The skies cleared up. Zayn was smiling in the distance, so I looked up amd smiled back at him.

**A/N: well unfortunately that's it. I had more plans for this story but things happen. Hopefully this ending was sufficient enough. Love you all. I'll do better next time Kadie!**