Chapter Five

**A/N: Awww #Nadie and #Zangel moments with some #Niam feels. How sweet. I believe it's time to throw in the first major hint to Angel's past!**

"Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you?" -You Belong With the Me by Taylor Swift

"Hair up or down?" Kadie asked me.

"Down, this isn't prom." I told her, smiling at the face she made. She let her hair fall then looked at me and opened her mouth and immediately shut it. "Keep it straight, this isn't prom." I repeated. "And you aren't Taylor Swift."

"Oh, Angel, do you think he's dressed up?" She asked me.

"You're over reacting." I told her. She looked at me and smiled.

"I'm sorry! I just haven't been on a date in months. My ex never really took me on days. He would just..." She cut herself off and smiled again. "I hope he doesn't go over board."

"You'll never know with those boys." I said. "Do you want me to go under cover?" I asked her, grabbing the black wig and placing it on my head.

Kadie stared at me in wonder. I raised my brow and she shook her head. "No you shouldn't. I mean you can do it but it's weird. You look just like a girl." She said. I immediately snatched the wig off and threw it back on the night stand.

"Hey don't abuse my wig." She said, just as the doorbell ranged. She looked at me and I looked at her. She took off into the restroom, causing me to groan. She was panicking over nothing.

I got up and walked over to the door, slowly opening it to look at Niall. And Liam. And Zayn. I stared at them all in disbelief. Why were the other two here?

Niall stepped inside wearing a light blue button up polo shirt. He had on some khaki shorts that showed off some slightly hairy legs that I frowned at. He was wearing rainbow flip flops and I giggled a little. It was a preppy Niall. He looked like a boy trying to impress someone's parents.

Liam was dressed to impress. He was wearing a black suit that was slimming and hugged his buff physique. His black pants were a bit loose and a bit high to show off his expensive looking dress shoes. It was then that I realized he was wearing a black cap. He was their chauffeur.

Zayn came in like the dark Prince he says he is. He was wearing a black jacket, black shirt, black jeans and black boots. He looked at me and smiled, twirling a beanie in his hand. He threw it to me and I caught it, examining it before putting it on. He smiled at my acceptance of his gift.

"Where's Kadie?" Niall asked me. I pointed to the back and he walked past, leaving me with the other two.

"You're a driver now?" I asked Liam. He smiled, tipping his hat towards me.

"Well I just couldn't say no to Niall." He said, clapping his hands together and pouting his lips. "Please drive for me Liam. Please! I'll do anything. I'll pay you! I'll buy you food. I'll buy you clothes! Please just help me impress Kadie!" Liam said in his best Irish accent, causing Zayn and I to laugh. He looked at me and joined in.

"He wouldn't stop begging him." Zayn said with a chuckle. I looked at him and smiled.

"That doesn't explain why you're here though." I said. He blushed and looked down, Liam smiling at me.

"He's a single lad now." Liam said. I looked at him then at Zayn in disbelief.

"In four days you're single?!" I asked in disbelief.

"Well I'm falling for another person." He replied. On that note I turned and walked off, not intending to be rude but not sure what to do or say. I walked back into the back room to see Niall sitting on the bed, Kadie locked in the restroom.

"She doesn't think she looks good enough." He whispered, slightly disgruntled. He had his head in his hands and he looked nervous, staring at the bathroom door.

"Could you give us a minute?" I asked Niall, smiling softly. He nodded, his big blue eyes still remaining on the door. Poor guy looked close to tears. He walked out leaving me alone with Kadie.

"He's gone sweetie, now what's wrong?" I asked her.

"He looks so good and I look a mess. I'm not going." She said. I tried the handle to see that it was locked, drowning slightly at her.

"Babes it's okay you look great!" I told her.

"That's exactly what he said! I look bad don't I?!" She asked, totally panicking.

"Hun, open the door!" I said. I waited for the clicking and opened the door. She was sitting on the toilet in her jean jacket and black shirt. Her jean skirt was midway to her knees showing off lots of legs and she had on black cowgirl boots.

"He looks so good, so presentable!" Kadie protested. She started to shake her head, panicking. The door opened and she stood up looking in shock. I turned around to see who was interrupting us.

Niall was in the doorway looking flustered. He looked at Kadie with this wild look before walking past me straight to her and his lips collided with hers. At first Kadie was surprised, evident from her large eyes, but then she started to kiss him back. A moan emitted from the both of them before they parted their lips.

"You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." He said. "Would you please stop worrying and just go on a date with me please?! I assure you all eyes will be on you, though if a guy stares too long I might have to fight him." Niall told her, cupping her face. Kadie turned bright pink, biting her lip and nodding. Niall smiled and pecked her on the lips again before taking her hand and leading her out. I followed and got one more glimpse of my happy friend, who gave me the biggest smile ever before she left out with Niall and Liam. Leaving me with Zayn.

He wore black and I wore white. The contrast was so evident but so misleading. I shouldn't be wearing such innocent colors. Zayn wasn't paying any attention to me at all though. He was engrossed in the news.

"People are crazy," he whispered. I read the news headline. Something about the subjects of an arson fire living. I couldn't get more information because Zayn turned the television off. I frowned but looked into his brown eyes.

"You ready for our date?" He asked me. I nodded, clutching his hand and feeling immediately safe. Safe from anything. Like the ghosts of a fire.

**A/N: So good hint right? Are you ready for the first major plot twist next? I have no idea what it's going to be but it'll be bigger!**