Chapter 8: HER

The dinner was awfully quiet. From awkward glances to sweet smiles, it took Namjoon a while to warm up and ask you if you had rested. And you had, you had rested. Seeing by his tired face however, it was clear to the both of you that he hadn't at all. Wanting to ask, you didn't, as his flushed cheeks went back to fluffing up more food between them.

The dinner was quiet.

It wasn't until both of you were done where you opened your mouth. You teased him about his delicious food, carrying the weight of the dishes over to the sink where he managed the left-overs and attended to the refrigerator. He was hesitant at first, but followed over to you cleaning up; helping.

"Yeah, well you've got Aoroma to thank for that," he said sweetly, chuckling a little nervously when he glanced at the side of your face again. He had been doing that most of the night. "I couldn't have put this together without her."

You smiled lightly at the mention of the girl you had been so suspicious of earlier. Sighing, you retreated all you thought of her as you nodded and glanced down at your dolled-up exterior.

"Well, you can thank her for me tonight as well." You laughed, but he didn't. His eyes were warm when glancing up and down your form again.

And those eyes. Namjoon's eyes were what made you get hot over and over as you stood next to him and urged to help with the dishes. You wanted to help and that was one reason for you saying yes. But on the other hand, you wanted to feel the cloth of his sleeve graze your bare arm as he worked close beside you.

You dried the dishes he wet and cleaned, settling for a mid-ground as he took care of it. He was stubborn but also blushing, and you couldn't help but warm up severely when feeling the admiration of how easily it was for him to take care of people.

"You like being in control, don't ya?" you teased, winking when he stared over at you dumbfounded.

He rolled his eyes when you winked but his reddening ears told an entire different reaction. "No, I've just gotten used to certain things. Plus, you're my guest and I shouldn't be having you wash the dishes."

You wanted to snort out in laughter. "Oo, now I'm your guest? Just yesterday you would mope about how I've been using you and your band members."

Namjoon grinned, genuinely. "Well you were, weren't you?"

You pursed your lips from smiling as you felt the rag that you used getting wetter and wetter the more you dried the dishes. The wetness only made you stare over at his bandana that was getting soaked along with his hair. Your smile fell a little as it did. Wanting to ask whether he was alright, you didn't know what caught your tongue; afraid to act as if you cared for the man and his sick state.

"I apologise if it came out looking that way," you awkwardly let out, thinking back to how you made some of the members practically dance around their dorm for you. They had taken care of you and you had definitely used them in getting what you wanted in the home-like atmosphere.

Namjoon seemed a little taken back at the apology. He grinned over, eyes squinting cutely as the sweat from his temple pooled over to his cheekbone. "I never knew it was in you to say sorry!" he teased.

You were the one rolling your eyes now. "I'm human and accept when I'm wrong."

He smiled warmly now. No longer teasing as he sneaked a glance at your painted lips. "I understand why you did it. I'm sorry for acting inappropriately...or treating you in a way where it was..." he struggled, gulping, "I don't normally tend to be rude."

Your brows furrowed at how bizarre this side to him seemed to you. But at the same time, this kind, awkward, blushing, and genuine Namjoon wasn't a surprise. You knew he held it in him every time he defended his band members. You could see it in his eyes every time he was stressed over this entire situation.