Chapter 11: I'll Save You

It had all happened so fast.

Namjoon's ears were ringing, his mouth was bleeding, and his eyes were barely adjusting to the lights that peeked through the stares go glass that broke around him.

The impacts of the glass were the worst. Barely even seeing where the bullets were actually aimed, Namjoon grew confused through his injured state. Here he sat, accidentally hurting himself. They didn't call him the god of destruction for no reason...

"Y/N?"

Nothing.
Just the ringing in his ears,
The muffled screams and shouts coming from outside,
And the throbbing of his head that pounded away at his skull, begging to rip out and be free of the control Namjoon's distressed state had on it.

He had heard you scream his name. That's what finally got him away from his hiding spot; body moving tripping over to the main front door.

Namjoon wanted to scream out his presence back, wanting you to know that he heard you. But he couldn't say anything. His voice cracked and that ended in him swallowing up more blood than intended.

He remembered wobbling towards the front, trying to stay clear of bullets that suddenly stopped.

Weak, dizzy, and feeling the need to throw up the dinner he had taken into his growling stomach the night before. Namjoon couldn't tell if he was nauseas from his injury, his hunger for breakfast, or this situation currently.

When he got to the door, you screamed louder. You screamed for him and he could hear you practically crying over the wavers present in your tone of voice.

His heart broke. Yet, everything he tried in that moment was too hard and fast for him to muster about. Collecting himself, debating on his acts, and drilling up power in his legs, when Namjoon finally got out, the only thing that was loud was his ears tuning out on their own.

His jaw clenched when realizing he was late and mixed in with whatever was left of the shit-show that was sprung forward onto this day.

You were gone.

What was left was the security that were shrivelled, defeated and unable to cope with the idea of you gone without them trying, and a bleeding Aoroma who was whimpering and crying as she stood onto her feet.

Namjoon's world then slowed, then cooled. His eyes soft when staring at the girl he had doubted. The girl he questioned in his mind just before the attack went down. His eyes softened and remained soft. He felt like an idiot. And idiot that was so close to accusing an innocent girl, who was now shot and crying before him, over the mess created by the one and only Jules.

There was anger in his pulsing veins. Namjoon felt the blood rush and splash around in his beating brain. Head aching more than earlier.

"I couldn't save her," Aoroma said, eyes masking behind the hurt and innocence she mastered, "I couldn't get to her. They took her."

Namjoon nodded. He knew. Of course he knew.

It had all happened so fast.

He now was at the side of the bed. Hand moving gently over Aoroma's cold one as she lay asleep on the bed he slept on the past two days.

It was brighter outside. It made him feel uneasy over how determined the sun was to get through the cracks of the curtain that whisked in the air. Wishing to get up and close the window shut. He didn't. He couldn't.

Namjoon had stayed frozen this way, hand growing sweaty over Aoroma's for the past few hours. Breakfast and lunch he missed, his eyes on the innocent girl he thought of, to be shot and resting.