Chapter 10: Just In Case

Everything about this moment was a nightmare. Feeling like hours pasted, Namjoon grunted and shook in shock. He tripped over himself, almost breaking the door as he rushed into the house, slammed the door behind him, and bent his back when feeling the cottage start to rumble in impact of bullets that flew all around.

Breathing in harshly, the man searched and searched. Legs trying to make it fast towards the kitchen where you would be. He didn't know why the only safety he held in his mind was yours.

Seeing you crouched in the kitchen in shock, being shielded by the island that wrapped around like a counter in the kitchen, he breathed in relief as he slid at his knees, making it to you quick. You squeaked in horror as he did.

"Is it the tornado that they warned this region about?" you piped, running with him as he tripped and tried to guide you towards the basement doors that were rusted and locked. Groaning, you noticed him grow defeated when he couldn't break through.

"No," he said with an almost growl; his body lunging at the doors in attempts to break the lock, "No tornado babe. There is a truck full of people with guns."

Your eyes widened, trying to focus on his words and not the fact that he was bruising his thin body miserably by trying to be heroic and bust the door open.

"Guns?!"

"Did I stutter?" he whined, irritated over the fact that he couldn't break through.

You watched him struggle, keeping your body low from the blows that were ringing around on the outside. Rolling your eyes as he kept trying to break through, you tugged at his arm and tried to bring him away from the doors all together.

"Hey, hey my superman," you sang out sarcastically, "Let's not have you break your own bones while doing this."

Namjoon sighed, tired as he allowed you to drag him towards the kitchen again. You both moved close to the ground, arms tightly held by each your hands. He was in distress. "How do they do it in the movies?"

"Strategy and clear muscle," you sang out, trying not to laugh in a serious moment, "Both things that you don't have."

Namjoon glared at you and you shrugged, grinning.

Your grin fell fast when a bullet thrashed through the kitchen window, piercing through the wooden cabinets. Screeching as both Namjoon and you went to duck, you were breathing hastily, trying not to shake so much. It didn't help that the man next to you was a mess.

"We're going to be okay," he whispered, voice shaking. "We're going to be safe and make it out of here. No one is going to die under my watch!"

You watched as he kept rambling and mumbling under his scared breath. Eyes softening, you moved your fingers away from clawing at his arm before moving it past his palms. You nodded, squeezing his hand reassuringly. "No one's going to die."

His brows furrowed at you so calm. "Are you kidding? Of course, we're going to die."

Another shot pierced the larger windows that came as doors for the backyard. Seeing it hit the beautiful circular table you had dinner with Namjoon at the previous night, you tried not to shake as you slid against the cabinets behind your back and lowered further to the ground.

Your brows furrowed. Looking over at the shooting and how everything was puncturing the cabin, you couldn't understand one thing.

"Why aren't they barging in when they have clear grounds to do so?"

Namjoon couldn't hear you past the loud shouts that happened from the outside. Both of you could hear the security that came with you woken and fighting with their ammunition. It sounded exhausting on the outside and you still levelled around your observation in confusion.