Chapter 16: He Saves You

Namjoon couldn't breathe well. Out of breath as he slid onto his knees. His eyes were the softest of cushions when seeing you swamped and passed out before him. As he shifted over and tried to rip you away from the chair that kept you hostage, he stupidly moved his hand to your barely conscious state, wishing to get you out quietly but failing due to his excitement on seeing you. You panicked.

You screamed, thinking Sato was back for more torture as you wailed and pushed into his chest to move away from you.

Namjoon's eyes widened. Whispering loud and hoping to catch some real ground with you, he wanted you to look at him. His heart broke as you started to cry and tilt your chair back in desperation. You barely could move, and the stiffness and swelling of your joints was visible to him as you rocked back.

The leader felt sick to his stomach as his heart twisted along with his gut.

There was a sudden growl behind him. Snapping his head back, Namjoon's eyes were wide as he nervously laughed when spotting Sato. Angry, confused, and about to charge at Namjoon who was close to freeing you, the leader breathed in.

His voice was high, squeaky, and underlined with hope for this to be a dream. "This isn't what it looks like." Namjoon chuckled, coughing on the tone by the end.

None of that leader charm seemed acceptable as Sato did what he was known to do. He charged, running fast, and running strong with a fist pulsing, waiting to knock at Namjoon's defined cheekbone.

-

9 hours earlier

-

The air was crisp. Namjoon felt extra cold. Not understanding whether he felt uneasy towards the events planned for today or the chilly atmosphere shaking him about, Namjoon presented himself to the cold and only visible dark vehicle that was parked out in front. Waving over at a few fans with a forced smile, he played his actions coolly, following the other boys into the large rider.

Sitting upright, back leaned to find comfort in the back cushions of his seat, his eyes were squinted in the dim light up near the sunroof that blared from the moment he allowed his body in. Namjoon waited for the heat that circulated in the vehicle to hit his aching joints.

When it did, he immediately relaxed, no longer as stiff as before while he moved his fingers out and into his palm. Repeating and cycling this movement, he opened his thin fingers to warmth. Lost in his own world, his own temperature, and his own mind, Namjoon took a moment to realize the other bodies that were inside with him. When he did, a dramatic sigh escaped his pink lips as he nodded over at the other two members.

"The other boys coming?" the leader asked, seeing how tense the two before him were.

Jin shook his head, brows knit over Namjoon not aware. "They've left for Jules apartment already. She stayed in touch with the maknae-line as she will be riding with them there."

Namjoon's lips parted as the car started and they were out to start today's events. Evening and just done practicing, Namjoon shielded his sweaty self in a hoodie, jacket over it, and cap to remove the hair from his forehead that glistened with droplets of sweat. He seemed disoriented for a minute before catching himself with the newly registered information.

"Wha...? When was this decided?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "On the chat we've all been a part of. Clearly you haven't been focused on today at all have you?"

Namjoon grew defensive. "I've been keeping BangPD and the others off our radar and our plans. If they find out, there's no way we'd be able to do any of this in the first place."