Chapter 9: Shots Fired

You woke to see a bleeding boy next to you. Blinking tiredly, you tried not staring at Kennah too long. Nothing stopped his glazed eyes to stare at you woken however. There was a glint in his eyes. Nothing sad or inappropriate. Playful. You hated how real it looked as you moved close into the pillow that helped your head sink thoroughly in.

"You avoided me last night."

"So?" you popped, closing your eyes and pretending he wasn't there. You tried so hard to not think about him, knowing that was how he would leave. But he didn't. He stayed present and you groggily whined when he touched you and you didn't feel it.

"It's alright that you kissed the leader last night," Kennah piped, chuckling as you whined again for him to leave. "Although its sweet that you're feeling bad."

"How could I not?" you asked genuinely. Tired and confused with all of last nights events even more now that you were awake and facing a new morning.

"I'm dead," he reminded for the hundredth time. Hearing it over and over didn't make the pain in your chest ease.

"Well you live in my mind."

"And heart. I'm only assuming from the way you deny your attraction for the cutie across the room." He smirked. Teeth bloody as always.

You scoffed. "Aoroma?"

He laughed, clarifying. "No, you beautiful idiot. Namjoon."

You grew hot.

His frame noticed and there was the glint back and stronger than ever.

"I don't want to talk about this."

"We've already talked about it, there's nothing to add. Just get over me and be happy already," he hummed, sinking into the pillow himself as he rested his hand under his head. His elbow grazed your nose. You felt none of it.

You blinked. "It's hard."

"Is it?" he teased, wiggling his brows and focusing on you again.

You smiled as he did. There wasn't a moment before where you so badly wanted to hit his chest and shove him off the bed. Unfortunately, that wasn't possible for you in the means that were presented to you. Kennah was dead and would stay dead. Sighing, you exaggerated your breath and nodded. "I'll get there."

"With Namjoon?"

You rolled your eyes at his grin grow. "Him and his group are bad news considering all that might happen to them if Jules gets the USB."

"Then be truthful and tell them."

You deadpanned. "They'll know that you, my ex-dead-boyfriend was responsible for some of the events on the device. It'll nip me in the ass."

"Sure, they might be mad at me," he said, shrugging, "but I can tell they're sweet enough hearts to not blame you for all I did."

"You did what you did for us," you whispered. He was dead, a fragment of your imagination, and yet you felt like you had to argue and tempt him to believing he was in the right due to his situations prior to his death. "You were fired and needed money."

"I left morality behind."

"Sometimes that's how people get things done," you said through your teeth. All you thought of was the groups of individuals that held you captive without even knowing your name. They were there, being controlled by a character named Jules like lost puppies. You understood why they did it and why they let their loyalties lie with this mysterious woman. You understood. Did you agree? Not necessarily.