Chapter 15: Baby?

Namjoon held a light, caring smile on his face when spotting the woman walk about down the hall. She seemed stressed, yet light-hearted as she swayed her hips and danced with joyfulness. Just her face made him want to smile; innocence, purity, and hope are what he saw when staring at her baby-like face.

"Aoroma?" Namjoon chuckled, catching her stare as she froze and looked over at him standing in front of the BigHit elevators.

Her face gleamed when spotting him. Like he expected, she skipped over with a cheerful smile and bright eyes. Greeting him, she asked where he was headed in the middle of the day.

"Meeting the boys for an important meeting," Namjoon slowly clarified, not wishing to give too much away. He quickly changed the subject to her well being. "But more importantly, how have you been? Are you close to healing?"

"It was just a graze oppa," she chuckled out feeling giddy over him worrying. "But thank you for being so sweet and caring since I was shot. It means a lot."

"Of course," he chuckled, "at this point, with everything you've done since we've been back... I would feel awful if I don't check up on you."

His face softened. "I mean, you were there for her most when we were out there." He talked about you.

Aoroma's face fell. Smile twitching at the ends of her lips a little as her teeth grit. "You care for her a lot huh?"

Namjoon licked his lips, blushing, "Y/N was under my watch and I let her go. Who knows what she's going through at this very moment."

Aoroma nodded. Forcing her smile to leave her as the amusement clouded within her petite body. She was quick to show empathy as she nodded and saddened her shoulders with a slump. "Hopefully she is found soon."

Namjoon nodded, clicking the bottom to the slow elevator to approach faster. Suddenly the urge to leave and meet everyone that was waiting for him quicker, wishing to care for you and save you was ignited in his mind.

Aoroma watched the man grow tense and jumpy. Seeing him frustratedly push at the bottom some more, her brows furrowed a tiny bit. "Easy," she giggled, "the button didn't do anything to you."

He sighed, nodding and accepting as he simply waited. That didn't stop Namjoon's feet from tapping impatiently, however.

Aoroma's confusion deepened. She tested her knowledge for a brief moment before sparking conversation just as the doors to the elevator finally came about.

She watched him walk in before asking, "Where did you say you were going again?"

"Meeting the boys," he said, smiling tightly before letting the elevator doors close on the curious face of Aoroma.

He felt the mechanics move and go down. Sighing dramatically alone, he glanced at every corner in front of him before mumbling to himself.

"Meeting the boys," he started, "...and seeing a way to Y/N."

-

It felt like you hadn't left from the first time they had taken you. The same delusional presence you kept, along with the same aggressive torture that they kept—eating you up the more they tried to get answers from you.

You didn't break.

After everything, after Kennah sacrificing himself with his death, to Namjoon growing closer to you and trusting you with information that remained unclear to him...to Sarah who sat beat beside you, you couldn't afford to break now.

So, you let them hit you, water you down, suffocate you, and pin you to your breaking points but never did you slip past those points. You would halt at the edges of your sanity and hope that they'd stop. That the world would stop. And that your life would stop.