69

phil got into his car, speeding down the street towards the park where dan always said he went when he had a bad day. he was biting his lip and gripping the wheel so hard with his hand that his knuckles turned white. the quiet city seemed blurred as he drove, lights and buildings flying by his eyes in a flash. dan had told him whenever he felt used or lonely or sad he'd walk to the park near his old house where his parents lived, and phil remembers frowning and asking him where it was. he was glad he did now.

if he couldn't find dan here, there was no other choice he had but to call him repeatedly in hopes he'd answer the phone. he was almost in shock that he hadn't realized everything before, the way jamie happened to 'accidentally' text phil or how he just happened to have an ex named dan. so many red flags were there going into the friendship from the start. this was practically phils fault.

he reached the park and jumped out of the car, not even bothering to shut his door as he ran towards it. his head hurt and it felt as if his stomach had flipped. everything felt so wrong, his whole day turned upside down in just a few hours. he stopped running and walked through the mulch, sighing in relief when he saw a sad-looking dan sitting on a swing. he walked over to him as the the small boy looked up in surprise.

phil stood in front of him, smiling sadly. dan stared at him, feeling his heart ache as he held back the tears that were begging to fall. phils eyes met dans and suddenly sadness washed over him, weighing down his shoulders heavily at the sight of dan. "are you okay?" that was all it took for dans tears to start spilling from his eyes, bringing his sleeved-covered hands over his face and trying to stop the sobs from escaping. phil felt his eyes start to water as well, blurring his vision.

"oh dan," he sighed and stepped forward, grabbing dans hands softly. "come here." dan stood and phil pulled dan flush against him, inching his arms across his waist. dans arms wrapped around his neck as he cried, dampening phils hoodie with his tears. he just couldn't stop the pain in his chest or the way he was trembling, but he felt phil hug him even tighter, and suddenly he was so warm and he felt so small.

"shh, it's okay, i'm here,"

hi hope u enjoyed this made me sad i'm sorry if it makes u sad too :(