77

"you're just really pretty,"

the words were replaying in dans head over and over again. when phil said it, he could only manage to smile and blush, unable to swallow the lump in his throat to say a single word.

phils attention was finally on the movie, and now dan couldn't stop looking up at him. his eyes were just so captivating that it struck dan right in the heart. the rose petals of his cheeks were blossoming the deepest red and he quickly looked away, pressing his cold palms against them.

he was nervous about the movie ending. he knew that afterwards, they'd be back to the silence and small glances. there's a good chance phil wants to talk about the huge topic at hand, but dan just wasn't ready to. he couldn't.

dan felt phils eyes on him again, and tried his best to ignore it. as cute as it was, he hated being stared at.

to try and get him to look away, dan slowly scooted closer to phil. he carefully rested his head on phils shoulder, his cheek pressed against his arm. he felt him shiver, a small breath leaving his lips.

it worked though, because phils eyes were turned back towards the movie, and dan sighed softly in relief.

about ten more minutes into the movie, dan was barely able to keep his eyes open. he felt phils arm wrap around his shoulders, pulling him closer. dan turned and yawned softly, putting his arms around phils waist as he set his head on his chest. he could hear his heart beat getting faster, and he smiled a bit, feeling his own beating too.

just as he was drifting into sleep, he felt phil push dans hair from his face, softly whispering his name.

dan only shifted a bit, humming in response. "do you want me to go to my bed so you can sleep?" he said in a calm voice, still playing with dans hair.

"no, i'm comfortable here,"

phil smiled at that, still having a gut feeling that he should leave anyway. he didn't know if dan was lying about being comfortable in this spot, but he felt as though he was. phils always been careful when it came to being close to anyone. he hated to take anything too far without realizing, to get that wave of worry wash over you that maybe they aren't into it or that chill down your neck that's constantly screaming that they don't like you.

phils worry got the best of him and he looked down at dan, seeing his face dropped entirely and peaceful, small snores leaving his lips. he carefully picked up his head and stood, placing it on a pillow. he stretched his arms, looking at dan one last time before turning and walking towards his room.

he walked in, softly closing his door and leaning against it gently, letting a sigh escape his lips. he was unsure about how everything was going to be, a big part of him was nervous, and a small part was excited. he didn't know how dan really wanted this to go, or how much he actually liked phil.

he shook his head, walking over to his bed and sitting down on it, letting his head softly hit the pillow. he didn't know how to control the nerves throughout his stomach and head. it felt like tons and tons of bubbles were filling his body, softly prickling at his skin. he shook away the feelings as his eyes wandered to the ceiling before closing as he let himself drift into sleep.

it was about twenty minutes later when phil woke up to the sound of footsteps. he was terrified at first, pulling the blankets up to his face and grabbing his phone incase, before he realized dan was in the house.

he checked the time on his phone that read 12:03am, and sighed. he closed his eyes once again, only for them to open back up, hearing his door open and a tired-looking dan standing in the doorway. phil sat up, smiling at him softly. he looked so small, in his oversized sweatshirt and sweat pants. phil thought he could have a heart attack.

"hey," he said in between a yawn, stretching his arms up and looking over at dan.

he walked into the room a bit more, a small smile on his face. "hi," he mumbled, crossing his arms slightly on his stomach. "i was just- well i woke up and noticed you were gone so i was nervous but i was even more nervous to come in h-here, sorry if i woke you up i wasn't sure where you were,"

"it's okay, sorry for leaving," phil responded softly.

"did you feel uncomfortable? sorry, i do that sometimes it's just a habit to be close to someone i guess,"

"don't worry,"

"i don't know why i even came in here, s-sorry i'll try to sleep, goodnight-"

"dan," phil cut him off.

"sleep well, i'll see you in th-"

"dan."

dan finally stopped, letting his eyes meet phils and nervously smiling. "what?"

phil smiled and shook his head with a small laugh. he pulled back the covers on his bed.

"come get in, doofus,"

guess who's back