73

it was around dinner time when phil was standing in his bedroom, looking through the closet for extra blankets. dan was sat cross-legged on his bed, holding the edges of his sleeves in his palms as he tried to tell himself that phil was actually even real.

"okay," phil suddenly started as he turned around, holding what looked like a bunch of comfy blankets and pillows. "i have three super soft blankets, one big comforter, pillows, and tons of stuffed animals," he smiled as he dropped all the items at his feet. dan slowly stood, walking over and kneeling in front of the pile on the floor. he grabbed a blanket and a pillow, as well as a small animal that seemed to be a reptile of some sort.

phil smiled, sitting on the floor in front of dan and the pile. "that's elliot, he's one of my favorites." he said and dan stared at him, wondering how much cuter one boy could get.

"i-i like him." dan said softly, squeezing the plushie a bit as he smiled.

"i like you." phil blurted, immediately realizing his mistake and covering his mouth with his hand. dan only giggled, mumbling smooth as he stood up, grabbing the items he chose. phil sighed in relief, hoping to god that that was taken as a joke.

he followed dan back into the lounge, watching as he placed everything on the couch, placing the pillow up against the edge and laying the blanket over the cushions. he sat down, leaning his head back and smiling at phil. "it's comfy,"

phil laughed, walking over and plopping himself next to dan. "good, i feel bad that you're on the couch in the first place so,"

"don't worry." dan assured him, gently placing his small hand on phils thigh and smiling, looking up at him. chills went through phils veins as he smiled back, goosebumps covering his arms. a blush ran right from his heart to his face, making him want to look away from dan, but he just couldn't get away from those eyes.

they were such a pretty brown, hazel and yellow swirling around his pupils, turning into the warmest color. they just screamed the words mocha and almond and coffee. "i like your eyes," he said, and dan automatically blushed.

"thank you, i hate them,"

phil practically gasped, turning his body to face dan better. "well i think they are very pretty, and you should appreciate their beauty." he stated and dan just stared at him in disbelief.

"you're crazy, my eyes are the color of crap,"

"no no, silly. your eyes are like almond and chocolate and coffee all mixed into one. like the mahogany wood you see on floorboards. and that just reminds me of home," phil said, and smiled gently at the way dans face lit up in joy. he felt so warm.

phil suddenly noticed just how close they were, where he could almost count every eyelash dan had. he stared at dans eyes, unable to get himself out of this trance. he realized how easy it would be to just kiss dan right then. to grab his face and pull him close, place his lips against his until he can't even breathe right anymore and his lips are blue.

but phil wasn't sure if dan felt the same way, and he was so nervous to start anything he'd regret. dan had too much worry, too much going on and phil couldn't ruin that. but dans eyes flickered down to phils lips and he bit his bottom one and oh god, he was leaning in and phil just couldn't do this.

he backed away right as he could feel dans breath on his, his cheeks heating as dan visibly frowned, looking down at his lap. phil sighed. "s-sorry, i um,"

"it's fine," dan mumbled, slightly scooting further away from phil. it was awkward after that, and phil rubbed his palms together and stood.

"wanna watch a movie?"

this is fluffy and also sad hope u enjoy