74

all phil could think was shitshitshit as he stared over at the bathroom door. he had offered to watch a movie but dan only shook his head quickly as he excused himself to the restroom. it was quiet, the only sound being phils sock covered feet pacing the wooden panels on the floor.

there was a bittersweet taste in his mouth, something that screamed ouch and it just blossomed on his tastebuds. it was like the brightest pink was swirling through his mind and he tasted cherry as he ran his tongue over his bottom lip. it was raining outside now, pattering softly against the walls of the flat, bouncing off in an array of chaos through phils mind.

he walked slowly towards the door that separated him and dan, running his hands over his face and through his hair as he sighed, then raising his fist and gently knocking. he heard a small gasp and what sounded like dan scurrying to stand up, and the door cracked open the smallest bit.

"yes?" dans voice was smaller than ever and had a pinch of panic to it, like he was scared if he opened his mouth he would just spill out everything unwanted.

"are you okay?"

"y-yeah, i'm- i'm okay," he sounded so unsure and phil just knew he was lying, trying to make himself seem like he was fine when he wasn't. dans voice had practically cracked and he sniffed right afterwards, sounding like he was crying. phils assumption was concluded when dan opened the door all the way, his eyes a shade of red brighter than his cheeks. they were puffy, and still seemed glossed over. the sight made phil want to just hug him forever.

he took a cautious step forward, slowly reaching up and gently grabbing dans cheeks, rubbing under his eyes with his thumbs. it was a kind gesture, but dan backed away slightly, almost wanting to get away from phils hands.

"i'm sorry," phil sighed, clasping his hands together and backing further from dan. he felt like he made dan uncomfortable, and he was just so embarrassed.

dan looked up at him, tears filling his eyes again. "why did- why did you just, you, y-you- just lead me on a-and then," he cut himself off with the smallest sob, leaning against the wall as he covered his face with his hands. phil moved forward until he was standing in front of dan, grabbing his wrists and pulling his hands from his face.

"i know, i'm sorry," he said, rubbing his eyes to keep his own tears from falling. dan nodded lightly, slowly sliding down the wall until he was sitting. phil sat in front of him.

"i thought you l-liked me, i'm sorry too i guess i should've asked, i-i'll ask pj to get m-me,"

"no! i mean, no, dan. don't, i'm sorry i do like you- i mean um, don't call pj. i'm sorry, we can do something," phil was rambling and trying to spit anything and everything out to make dan not want to leave.

"you, you like me?" dans eyes widened as he asked quietly, trying his hardest not to smile like a doof.

phils neck and face heated and he looked at dan carefully, trying to read his expression. his stomach was exploding and his breath was caught in his throat. he felt as though he couldn't even speak, nerves bubbling in his chest and head. "um- yes?" it was more of a question, but he meant it. dans eyes lit up, and he looked at phil in surprise.

"r-really?"

"yeah, i mean, i thought it was pretty obvious," phil laughed nervously, and dan nodded and laughed too, seeming happy as he can be.

"i-i like you too," dan said, his voice wavering as he stared at phil, fiddling with his hands nervously. phil smiled wide, scooting closer to dan until their knees were touching and he could suddenly hear his own heartbeat loud in his ears.

"that's good, because otherwise i couldn't do this," phil responded and then he pressed his lips against dans, soft and slow and he felt fireworks shooting all throughout his body. dans hands gently grabbed phils face and pulled him somehow even closer, while phils hands went on the curve of dans waist.

everything about them just fit, and dans breathe was taken as they pulled away. he leaned against the wall, smiling at phil, who smiled back just as wide.

"by the way," dan started, "that was the best first kiss ever,"

tysm for 4k omg!!
also the next couple chapters will be irl since u all seem to enjoy it a lot <3