84

dan never liked to believe in the idea of deja vu. he felt that it was pointless, unreal, impossible, even. but as he walked up the stone apartment buildings stairs, feeling james' hand on him, the one that's held him, hit him, and scared him so many times, he can feel it.

he's been in this position before.

the hand on his back was menacingly there, burning into his skin and he just wanted to scream as he tried to keep one foot in front of the other. his hands were shaking as he crossed them tightly around his chest, almost as if he wanted to curl up and cry right then. in this moment, the stairs felt ten times longer, he could've sworn the room was only on the second floor, and this was about the fourth staircase so far. he was nervous to ask james where they were going since he hadn't talked since pj's house, but he knew he needed to.

when he got to pjs house earlier, pj was being held at gunpoint. it had scared dan at first, his eyes filling with tears at the view of him, tears streaming down his face with a busted lip and bruises painted across his cheekbones. dan knew he needed to get him out of there. so he did, he told james he'd go with him and pj only cried harder, the gun against his head lowering as james smiled eerily at dan.

"where are w-we going?" he said quietly, a few tears falling from his eyes.

"does it matter?"

they made it to yet another level of rooms when dan felt james hold onto the back of his sweatshirt tightly. they came to a stop at the top of the staircase, dans arms falling to his sides as james gripped his forearms and smiled.

"i missed you, danny,"

"no you didn't."

"oh, but i did," the grip on dans arms tightened painfully and he tried his best not to wince, looking down at how close his feet were to the tip of the top step.

"i really did,"

hey loves i hope you're all having a great day