1. Demons ugghhh!

These characters belong to Cassandra Clare. (not me) This font is for author's note.

Clary's POV

I am walking down the streets of New York City adorned in a simple dark blue T-shirt, black skinny jeans and black boots. My boots are making a slight tap-tap sound on the smooth stone of the sidewalk. I am super excited to go see Jace at my favourite place. Yep, you guessed it right. Its Taki's Diner. Oh and I'm very happy that Kaelie finally quit. Yes she doesn't work there anymore!

Jace and I are going there to celebrate our anniversary for the day that we first met. I'm so excited, because he had told me that he has a surprise planned for me. Okay, okay I know that its not that much of a surprise if he told me but he didn't have much of a choice. I was starting to have doubts that he was cheating on me and I told Izzy who told Jace to just tell me the truth. Well, at least he didn't tell me what the surprise is. A huge smile is pasted on my face and my face is glowing with happiness.

My bright red hair is whipping around in the cool breeze. The air smells fresh and the sun is shining brightly in the sky. Even the weather is pleasant huh, god must also be in a good mood. I then notice see a silhouette in an dark alley. At first I shrug it off, thinking that I had imagined it but I see the silhouette move again. My eyebrows pinch together in a frown. I take out my favourite sword, Heosphoros and cautiously approach the alley. The light from the blade lights up the dark alley and I can make out a huge creature. I suspect it is a demon. I walk closer and I see it, it is huge (as big as 10 cars stacked onto each other) and violet in colour with ugly blisters covering nearly every inch of its skin. It has 6 slimy lime green tentacles on each side that are as thick as tree trunks and it has 3 evil red eyes that are glowing maliciously and contemplating on how to devour me. Well, its going to be in for a huge disappointment.

I fish my phone out of my pocket to call for help when the demon swings its tentacles (all 6 of them) towards me. I manage to dodge all of them (thanks to my excellent Shadowhunter skills, taught to me by Jace, of course) except one which lands a blow to my head. The impact knocks me off my feet and leaves me in a heap of hands and legs on the ground. The floor is smelly and rough. I desperately want to get up.

I try to get back up but there is an excruciating pain in my head. It feels as though someone is whacking my head with a hammer. I start seeing black spots and am fighting to stay conscious. The demon picks me up and I struggle and make it as hard as possible for him by kicking and punching him, hard. I squirm and try to get out of its grip, being thoroughly disgusted. I nearly succeed but the demon gets frustrated and hits me on my head again. I feel a liquid oozing out of my head and I can smell the metallic scent of blood. It is a scarlet river flowing from the side of my head. This time the pain is extremely unbearable so, when the darkness tries to overcome me, I gladly allow it.

When I wake up I see that I am on a soft white bed in a house, a very nice one at that. I think I'm dead and in heaven, but the throbbing pain in my head makes me think otherwise. I know Jace would be devastated that I didn't make it on time for our anniversary date.

I think about my Jace, his perfect tan, high cheekbones and constant smirk. He has such soft blonde hair that shine like the stars. His bright golden eyes that I lose myself in every time I look at him, always make me smile. His scent that is like sunshine, if sunshine had a smell that is. I pull myself out of my thoughts of Jace.