12.Pool party

Jace's POV

I decide to go check up on Clary. Her room door is open so I peek in and see her with Damon. She is laughing at something he said and she looks so beautiful. Her fiery red hair is curling around her face and her soft emerald eyes are currently filled with joy. Then I feel a stab of jealousy that was totally not required. Why am I suddenly caring about Clary? And why did I feel so possessive about her? I leave before any of them can see me and go back to my room. At least Clary was alright.

Clary's POV

Damon is so nice and funny. After Vanessa left, he came and started making jokes trying to cheer me up. And my did it work. I had forgotten all about my grief from before and was laughing heartily at his jokes.

"What is an insect's favourite band?"

I shrug.

"The Beatles," he says and howls in laughter at his own joke. I laugh softly and lightly thwack his arm.

"Clare-bear why did you hit me? Was I becoming too un'bear'able?" He launches into laughter again and his laugh is so contagious I can't help but join in even though the pun was terrible.

"Oh Clary by the way. What had happened before? Who was that lady?"

I gulped. "She was uh...my mom's friend, so I had known her pretty well. So I felt sad and shocked when I saw her lying dead." My lying skills were terrible and Damon nodded even though he didn't seem convinced.

He immediately changed the topic, sensing my discomfort, "So if you are feeling well enough why don't we all go to the pool?"

"I am feeling fine, so sure why not?" I am pretty nervous about seeing Jace without a shirt but am thinking about Vanessa pushing me in that time and I smirk evilly. I will get my revenge.

"Okay I will go get changed, see ya there."

"Yeah okay. See ya," I mumble because my mind is already lost in thought about my special prank.

I sneak into Vanessa's room and thank goodness she isn't here. I do what I have to do and leave. I am grinning wildly just thinking of her reaction to it.

Vanessa's POV

I am sitting outside on one of the many benches enjoying the cool breeze rustling my hair and skimming my cheeks. I am revelling in the wonderful aroma of the plants. I am basking in the sunlight that is lightly kissing my skin and warming me. I sigh in complete and utter contentment. My eyes are closed and I jerk my head when something touches my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see a wide eyed Damon looking at me.

"You freaked me out!"

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to. I just came to invite you to go swimming. So are you coming?" He apologizes, but doesn't really seem sorry at all. He mostly just sounds excited at the prospect of going swimming.

"Yeah sure." I smile fondly lost in the memories of Clary and I playing in the pool and giggling happily.

"Oh and call Jace too. Kay?"

"Yeah okay."

I go inside and walk to Jace's room. Okay more like skip because I am really excited to go swimming. In my hurry I forget to knock and just push the door open and enter.