9.Living hell

Jace's POV

The anger inside me is building by the minute and igniting my insides. Every bones in my body if filled with an unequaled energy. My vision is getting tinted by a slight red. An outside force seems to take over my body and pushes my hand to punch the wall, pouring out all of my pent up emotions. The punch creates a dent on the wall and a slight satisfaction registers in my mind, but I'm not quite done yet.

I punch the wall many many more times to release my frustration and anger. Who did this to Vanessa? Punch. Was it her friend Clary? Punch. Why? Punch. This is all my fault, if I hadn't gotten hit by that arrow I could have saved her. Punch. My knuckles are split and raw, but I barely feel it. The anger in me has now fizzled out, leaving me numb and tired.

My knuckles make it seem very obvious that I'm hurt. So, to conceal it I decide to use an iratze. I quickly looked for my stele to put on an iratze (healing rune). I search and realize with a sickening dread that it has been taken away from me. I look around and I see that I have no weapons with me. I have been kidnapped!

I need to find out who kidnapped me and why. He must be pretty strong. Since, the tumult of my emotions have cleared and are no longer clouding my judgement, my mind begins to form plans and think logically once more. First, I need to get out of this room, then strategize and get reinforcements. I walk out in my plain white shirt, black pants and boots. I walk stealthily, taking noiseless steps and not allowing a single sound to escape my mouth. All my senses are completely alert and even the tiniest sound will grab my attention.

I switch to this Shadowhunter mode so, if someone finds me I will be ready for them. I notice that this house has many rooms and by the looks of it, it might be a mansion. Why would someone kidnap me and then leave me in a mansion? As I walk around I also realize that the house is very plain and empty. Which means that there are no security guards and no one to stop me from leaving. Talk about strange. I am not complaining though. I walk briskly, but using my Shadowhunter training to remain quiet. I keep getting more and more befuddled, why would someone kidnap me and just leave me unguarded in a mansion?

I leave the mansion and see that it is nighttime and there is a full moon in the sky. The moonlight is casting a silver ethereal light all around. I walk out onto the porch. I look around and see that this is a mansion and it is pretty impressive. There is a huge lawn around the mansion and it even has a swimming pool. I realize that this is not the right time to be thinking about all this, so I hurriedly walk to the gate. It is a huge golden gate that is glistening in the moonlight too. I open it and try to walk out, but I feel an invisible force push me back a good 5 metres. I try again and again, but I realize that it is pointless. There is surely warlock magic involved here. I storm back into the mansion angrily. Now how will I ever get out of here!?

Clary's POV

I go to my room and let loose the tears accumulating in my eyes. I seem to be doing that a lot these days. I cry about losing my old friends, Simon, Isabelle, Magnus and Alec. I cried about losing Vanessa. And last of all I cry about Jace. He hates me now for what I did to Vanessa. He is surely in love with her. After a while I stop crying and then I wipe the salty tears off my face.

I go to the washroom that is in my room. I wash my face, brush my teeth and go to my bed to try and sleep. I am really tired, so I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

***

The next day I wake up when I hear a loud grumbling noise. Its my stomach, I am really hungry since I haven't had anything to eat from yesterday afternoon. I brush my teeth and take a nice warm shower. I dry my hair and run the brush through my red curls. I wear a soft light blue shirt and white jeans and get out of the room to go find some food. I walk down the plain corridor and enter what looks to be the kitchen. I open the shiny silver fridge and find some bread. I also find some vegetables and cheese, so I make myself a sandwich. Just then I hear footsteps and I pray that it is not Jace.