11.Secrets revealed?

Jace's POV

Vanessa took great care of me and treated me wonderfully well. I am lying on the bed with bandages wrapped around my arms, legs and torso. We didn't have steles so this would have to do. I am so not used to healing like this, like a mundane.

That girl, Clary fought so well and my head is filled with thoughts about her. She is small, yet she fought so fiercely and that rage in her eyes made me, The Jace Herondale flinch. So yeah, she must be pretty amazing huh? I get off the bed slowly so as to not hurt my healing body, which is healing at a snail's pace might I add. I walk to the kitchen to get a snack because I am starving. After all that fighting I really feel like I could eat a truck.

I drag my legs because I am still tired and my eyes are drooping. I enter the kitchen and sluggishly make my way to the fridge. I grab some bread and other ingredients and start making myself a sandwich. I freeze when I hear a noise behind me and I turn and stand in my fighting stance ready to punch someone. Even though I'm tired my Shadowhunter reflexes are perfect and I am an excellent fighter. I see a guy who looks like my age with a tanned complexion and dark hair. His eyes are dark brown in colour and they hold a playful gleam. His hands are up with his palms facing me. "Woah, chill dude." I raise an eyebrow questioningly. "Hey, I am Damon Whiteshade and I am kidnapped here too." I see dark swirling lines on his arms. Runes. He must be a Shadowhunter. So he didn't lie. "Which institute are you from?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.

"The Melbourne Institute. You?"

"I was in the New York institute but I move to the Idris Academy."

I turn around and continue making my sandwich. Once I get done I eat it so fast I almost choke.

I don't even talk to that Damon guy because I am not in the mood to. Right now I just want to get out of this place. I try to think of ways to escape but none occur to me. So I realize that I will need to take help from the others. Ugghhh two times in two days I have to take help. My ego is taking a real hard hit from this kidnapping thing.

I pick up a steel plate and spoon. Then I bang the spoon on the plate as hard as I can. It creates a loud deafening sound. Damon covers his ears with his hands and cringes. "Dude, what the hell?!" He shouts. I smirk at his reaction.

A few moments later Vanessa and Clary arrive, giggling to each other about something. Vanessa is wearing a baby pink sweatshirt and white pants. Her strawberry blond hair is framing her face and her blue eyes are shining with a childish gleam. Clary is wearing a white shirt and black pants- my thoughts are cut short when Vanessa points to Damon and says, "Who is that?" She cocks her head to the side and waits for a reply. "Hi, I am Damon Whiteshade. And you are?"

"Vanessa Maplecherry."

"Nice to meet you." He says and extends his hand.

She shakes it and holds onto his hand for a slightly longer time than necessary. He smiles warmly at her. She pulls her hand back, quickly and she blushes. She turns her shy gaze to the floor and tucks a lock of her strawberry blonde hair behind her ear.

"So, I called you all here so that we can figure a way out of here. So does anyone have any ideas?" All I get in response are shrugs and a "Not a clue."

My shoulders droop slightly in disappointment. Will we ever get out of here? Clary's eyes widen and she opens her mouth to say something when we hear a loud bang outside. We all run towards it and see that there is something lying beside the gate. I jog closer and see that it is a body. Clary gasps.

Clary's POV

I see...her..she...oh my god! I am frozen in shock and my knees feel so wobbly it feels like they are made of jelly. They buckle and I fall to the ground but I feel no pain, no sensation at all. Then everything hits me at once almost overwhelming me. Ms. Smith is dead! The warlock who cursed me is dead! Jace still doesn't remember me, so that means that Ms. Smith used her life essence to keep sustaining the curse. This is horrible. A gush of sadness flows through me and hits me like strong waves crashing onto the sand on a beach. I feel all the light and energy get sucked out of me. I feel nothing in my mind but darkness, there are only negative emotions and thoughts swimming in my head now. I feel hopeless. I feel drained. I always thought that there would be some way to make them all remember, but now I have no hope at all. There is no chance now. My head starts spinning and I see dark spots at the edges of my vision and the last thing I hear before losing myself to the darkness is Vanessa frantically shouting "Clary!"