5.Dance?

Clary's POV

I am frozen in shock as I see Jace right in front of me. I don't want him to notice me, so I just look at the ground. I see a dead wolf on the ground so I figure out that the wolf must have attacked him and he didn't have much choice, but to kill it.

I then remember why I am here and wonder what Jace is doing here at this time of the night. I just wish I could go hug him and tell him everything but I know I can't.

Vanessa's POV

I see Jace in front of me and my eyes widen in shock. What is he doing here? Did he come to save Clary too? But how could he possibly know that Clary was missing? I am so confused.

Even when he is covered in a bit of blood from fighting a wolf which is lying beside him, he looks so good. His golden hair shining in the dark. His- my thoughts were interrupted when he says, "Hey you are that girl I saw, why did you come here?"

I reply, "I could ask you the same question and I came here to find my friend Clary."

He nods in realization and says "I saw you running out of the academy at the dead of night, my curiosity got the better of me, so I followed you." Oh he followed me. Wow he is such a good Shadowhunter I never noticed that someone was following me!

I take Clary's hand in mine and start waking towards the academy.

Jace's POV

I just look at them leaving and then run after them. I walk by their side and catch the blonde staring at me. I say, "You know I can see you staring at me, but I can't blame you for not being able to look away because I know I am irresistible." A light pink blush stains her pale face and I smirk. She then remains quiet and doesn't look at me for the rest of the walk to the academy. She looks like she won't talk to me, so I don't try to talk to her.

I then notice the red head again and say, "Hey, what is your name? I don't need to tell you mine because I am sure you already know."

She rolls her eyes and replies "Clary and this is my friend Vanessa". She is so short I am bursting hysterically in laughter as I tease her by saying "So are you 10 years old or 11?" She rolls her eyes and says sarcastically, "Ha ha very funny."

We then reach the academy so I walk towards my room and they walk towards theirs. I get onto my bed and go to sleep with the blonde girl's face in my mind. She is quite hot and I think she likes me.

Clary's POV

We reach our room and immediately Vanessa stands in front of me with her hands crossed, "Explain."

I sigh and motion that we should sit down. She nods and sits on the bed with me sitting in front of her. She looks at me expectantly. I think for a moment, sifting through my thoughts about what I should tell her and what I shouldn't.

"I got kidnapped by somebody and then they put me in a room in the forest. The room was warded and a spell was put on it, so outsiders wouldn't be able to see it. They gave me a message, that they are going to come after me."

She takes a moment to absorb everything and then asks, "Who is that 'they'?"

"I don't know. When they kidnapped me, I was unconscious and later in the room all I heard was the person's voice." She nods and thinks hard.

"Who do you think it was and what did they mean?"

I consider telling her the truth for an instant, but then dismiss that thought because I would be putting her in danger too.

"I don't know," I say, deciding to play the 'I'm clueless card'. She gets a disappointed look on her pretty face and then stands up determinedly.

"We should tell the principal," she announces. My eyes widen with a horrified expression on my face which I quickly cover up with a forced nonchalance.