31.Love is blind...and deaf and stupid

Clary's POV

I open my eyes to find myself cloaked in darkness. A pitch black darkness so devoid of light that I cannot even see myself. I breathe in a stale, dank smell. I feel an itching pain on my wrists and I can feel that they have been tied by some rope. I try to pull my hands free, but it is impossible.

I have been chained to the wall by my feet and I try tugging at it. All that that accomplishes is, the chains rattle creating a beautiful melodious sound that echoes through the room (sorry I get sarcastic when I'm frustrated), my legs grow sore and my hope diminishes a little more.

I sit back down on the cold floor, allowing the chill of the stone seep into my body because it numbs the pain of everything else. I try to think of a plan. How will I get out of here? And then I get an idea. A stupid and risky one, so in other words, a classic Clary plan. I open my mouth, take a huge gulp of air and scream. I scream and shout as loud as I can. I scream for Vanessa, and then I scream for Jace, I even scream for Damon because it is highly likely that he is here.

Suddenly the door bangs open. A disheveled looking Damon enters. Wow, I was right. Aren't I always? Oh no, Jace's cockiness is rubbing off on me.

"Clary? Clary, are you okay? Oh I'll never forgive myself if something happened to you," he says, the concern in his eyes bringing tears to mine. He's actually concerned for me, I can't believe it. No, he must he pretending. He's evil. He was never even my friend. He just pretended so that he could get information. He's an evil conniving snake. I hate him. I try to convince myself of this. Yes, I hate him. I hate him.

The tears in my eyes somehow disappear. My face grows icy cold. My eyes hard with anger.

"Oh, now you're concerned. How sweet. When your creatures were trying to kill us, it was no problem, but now you're concerned," I sneer.

He runs a hand over his face and then he looks up and on his face all I can see is tiredness. If I really do hate him, then why am I slightly disappointed that he is not regretful?

"So, nothing happened? You're perfectly fine?" He asks, conveniently ignoring my reply.

"These ropes are digging into my wrists, the chains are hurting my ankles and my stomach is grumbling, so yeah. I'm perfectly fine," I say, my voice alight with a fire. And if it wasn't obvious, it wasn't a pleasant kind of fire.

He sighs, "I know you hate me now, but I really didn't think this would happen. I didn't think they would kidnap you."

"You mean you didn't think it would happen again," I reply, spitefully.

He enters, shutting the door and sits down on the opposite side of me. The only way I can tell that he's beside me is that in the silence of this room I can hear his breathing.

"I'm really sorry that happened to you Clary. I just-" he starts off, but I cut him off.

"Oh please, just save your apology for someone who cares," I reply, glaring at his brown eyes that are somehow visible in this darkness.

He shuts his eyes and all that can be heard is our breathing.

"You want to know why I'm doing all this," he says finally, still not looking up.

"I already know, you want to avenge your mother blah blah blah," I reply, making my voice sound uninterested, but on the inside I'm still hurting. I'm still hurting from his betrayal. I thought we were friends. And all of a sudden he- stop. Stop going that way. There is nothing that way, but sorrow, I tell myself and stop myself from thinking about that. But I can't stop myself from feeling, can I?