2.This can't be happening!

Clary's POV

I draw a rune on the wall to create a portal and I go through it. I experience the swirling sensation and the feeling that I'm flying and then I land on my feet just outside the academy, The Shadowhunter Academy. It is a huge, cream coloured building. There are multiple windows all covered by colourful curtains. It is surrounded by a lush green lawn. I adjust my bag on my shoulders and walk forward.

I see a few guards standing outside the building in front of a huge shiny golden gate. They look at me closely and notice my angelic rune. They nod at me and push the huge gate open.

I ask where I should go and they direct me to the headmistress's office. On my way I see that the walls are so beautiful and I can't seem to look away. They are intricately decorated with pictures of Raziel, Jonathan Shadowhunter, Silent brothers, Iron sisters and many others. The walls are a subtle pearl white. I finally arrive at the headmistress's office. I knock on the large polished brown door with a shiny golden sign that says
Mrs. Penhallow, the Headmistress's office
I hear a bold, but sophisticated voice reply, "You may enter." I slowly twist the door knob and silently enter.

I look around and see that the walls are a royal blue colour with no paintings or any other decorations. There is a marvelous chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The sunlight pouring in through the window is falling on every cut glass crystal of the chandelier making it look like a gorgeous diamond. The floor has shiny marble tiles and at its center is Jia at a large brown wooden desk. I stand there for a moment, marvelling at the beautiful room. I'm pretty sure no normal school has such an amazing room for the principal. Then again, this isn't a normal school. No, its not normal in the least because no school teaches students to fight with swords, daggers bow and arrows and I can keep going, but you get the message.

She is wearing a tight black shirt with a black pencil skirt which matches her short black hair. She's glaring so fiercely at a book with a raging fire in her eyes, I think it might catch fire. As soon as she sees me her glare is replaced by a small smile and the fire in her eyes dies down.

"Hello Clary, what brings you here? Is there a problem?" she asks because the only times I have ever come to her are when there have been problems.

"No, everything is fine. I just felt that it would be better if I trained here because I have too many distractions in the institute," I reply. She raises an eyebrow but stays silent. "So can I join?" I plead.

She looks at me for a moment, clearly not believing my reason for joining. She eventually gives up soon she says, "Alright. Would you like to join right now?" I let out a breath I hadn't realised I had been holding and say "Yeah, if that is possible."

She nods and tells me the way to my room and I start walking down the hallways to my room. I reach my room and notice that neither my door nor the sign is as spectacular as the headmistress's. The door is a dull brown and the sign just says
Room no. 309
I sigh and enter. I see that the room is not that bad. The walls were a light sky blue colour and there are two yellow lights hanging from the ceiling. The room has one large window to the side and a bed next to it. The room also has another bed on the other end of the room. It was then that the realization hit me.

I was going to have to share this room with another person! I was going to have a roommate! Oh no, I'm just hoping it isn't someone I know because the reunion would be so complicated.

I sit on the bed near the window and cross my fingers, praying that I get a good and new roommate. The door is pushed open slowly and a blonde head peaks in. She slowly pushes the door open completely and enters.

She has a good height (which obviously means she is taller than me) and her blond hair is tied back in a high ponytail. She has true sapphire coloured eyes. She is wearing a simple light pink flannel hoodie with black tights and black and white sneakers. She is very pretty, not like a superstar, but instead like a hidden princess.

She's looking at the ground, shyly. I don't think she is going to talk anytime soon, so I initiate the conversation, "Hey I am Clarissa Fairchild but you can call me Clary and you are?"

She replies in a soft voice that I can barely hear, "I am Vanessa Maplecherry."

She walks over to the other bed and sets a white suitcase that I didn't notice earlier, onto the bed. She sits down next to it shyly but gracefully. We talk for a bit and I get to know that she is from the Paris institute and she came here to enhance her Shadowhunting skills. She is an only child and loves to dance (ballet). She seems a bit guarded, like she's scared or something. But of what could she be scared of? Me? I'm not scary! Maybe she's just shy and isn't comfortable around people.

I hope we will become friends. I feel so lonely and I really do wish she will start opening up to me. I need a friend, I need someone now because these are my darkest days and if I don't have someone to depend on, I might lose myself in a dark abyss and I might never find my way back.

We both are pretty tired so we say goodnight to each other and go to bed. I know that I won't get any sleep, so I look outside the window, at the stars. I still remember Simon telling me the names of the constellations and me being in Jace's arms while looking at them. I miss them so much.

Everything I do or see reminds me of them. As soon as I saw this drab boring room, I thought about how much Izzy would've hated it and how she would have painted it with lots of pink paint. Magnus would have put glitter everywhere and Jace would have kept clean and empty. Simon would have set up video games and strewn comic books everywhere.

Thinking about them brings back a tide of emotions inside me and I feel overwhelmed. My life so far has been anything but easy, but at least I had friends who were with me through it all. How will I manage without them? Do I even want to live without them in my life? I shut my eyes and a single glistening tear fall from my eye. Following it, many silent tears flow down my cheeks. I feel as though someone ripped a half of my soul out and left me without it. My friends, they are the peanut butter to my PB and J sandwich. They complete me.

I recollect the wonderful times we had together and every happy moment I spent with them. That thought pulls me out of my depressing and suicidal thoughts. I have memories of them, I always will. And right now, its all I have, but I can beat the warlock and win my friends back. I have to.

I open my eyes and look out of the window. I see five figures walking towards the building so I snap out of my trance and look at them closely. They are quite far away but I can recognize them anywhere. They are Jace, Simon, Izzy, Magnus and Alec.

What are they doing here?

I pace around in my room nervously. I don't think I can handle it, if I meet them again. What if they try to talk to me? What should I say?

Hello, I'm Clary. We used to be the best of friends but then an evil warlock erased your memories and put a spell that if I try to be friends with you guys again, you will all die in a year. So, how's your day?

Nu uh, not gonna happen. I lie down on my bed and try to sleep, but every time I shut my eyes I see them and I feel like laughing and crying at the same time. This is going to be a long night.