19.A solution, an answer

I am so happy that I reached 500 reads and 50 votes. I want to thank whoever is reading and has voted. I am just a 14 year old and I started wattpad just to read. I had never thought that I would write a story myself. So I'm really grateful to whoever is still reading. If any of you have any feedback or want to correct mistakes, please text me or comment. Thanks!

Jace's POV

"Hey, guys I think I found something," Rat face says. Or like others call him, Simon.

All of us look at him expectantly and Izzy voices our thoughts perfectly, "Well, what did ya find?"

He holds up a deep green hard bound cover book in front of his face and reads out, "I could see some creatures, the likes of which I had never seen before. Some had the body of a horse and the face of a man. Yet I knew they were monsters. They were abominations. They couldn't exist alongside us, so we did what we had to. We slaughtered them, knowing that they couldn't ever live among us. We were half angel beings, Shadowhunters and they were demons, our enemies. The ones we were set to vanquish," he pauses and says, "This is a diary of some old Shadowhunter and the creatures he is referring to, are the same ones which we saw."

"And... What else does it say about them?" I ask, impatiently.

"They can speak like a human but appearances can be deceiving because they are not humans, they are soulless monsters. They seek to conquer the world and we Shadowhunters must uphold our oath and finish these beasts," he flips a few pages, pushes his glasses higher on his nose and says, "but here it says, I know that we were told that these creatures were monsters but the way they pleaded us to spare their lives made me tink otherwise. Their eyes were red, and they didn't look in the least bit soulless. I do not know if they are good or evil and I want to figure that out before doing anything more." He flips a few more pages and continues, "Today I rescued a centaur child because I couldn't bear to see the pain in the mother's eyes and that screamed, good to me. I knew I couldn't save the mother, so I saved her child. I highly doubt that these creatures are evil. I am perplexed and I don't know whether to follow the Clave's orders or do what I think is right." He scans the content of the next few pages and says, "Yeah, that's about it. There is nothing of importance in the next few pages. And after that, the diary stops, abruptly.