Chapter 2

As we step into the lobby of the hotel our hands held in each others, I can't help but peak up at Dan who is looking gorgeous in his navy suit, white shirt unbuttoned at the neck and sandy blond hair tousled effortlessly. He is relaxed but put together. That sums him up really, he is always confident and in control but he has a way about him that is honest and approachable, probably explaining his success in helping the most difficult of high end clients manage their wealth and investments.

He looks back at me with a laugh bursting through his lips.

"What the fuck are we getting ourselves into?" He chuckles and I know him well enough to see the flicker of excitement in his eyes.

"No idea!" I laugh back as a concierge approaches us.

The hotel is modern and dark, filled with black gloss furnishings accented by emerald velvet and gold hardware giving it a unique feel of sleek luxury in a city full of old world grandeur.

"Madame Bailey?" The young frenchman politely interrupts.

"Oui" I smile, wondering what description of me Harry could have given the man.

"Please follow me, your party is already seated."

As we follow the host through the hotel and to the restaurant Dan whispers, "I still don't understand why he would want to have dinner with us. Are you sure he's not trying to get in your pants?"

"Babe, I'm pretty sure I would need 'Victoria's Secret' on my CV in order for him to even look at my pants," I giggle at his ridiculous suggestion.

Dan squeezes my hand and shoots me a little wink, his silent way of saying "Well, I think you're beautiful" and I giggle again.

The man gestures towards our table and my eyes meet Harry's as he stands to greet us with one of his award winning smiles. Introductions are made and the men shake hands as my eyes travel to the breathtakingly beautiful blond by his side, confirming my predictions about the underwear models that are well within his league.

"This is Tia," he smiles sweetly towards her and I swear I can see Dan's eyes pop out of his head a little. I sit down opposite Harry and adjust my vintage little black dress that reminds me of something Posh Spice would have worn back in the day.

Conversation is awkward and forced to start with as we politely talk about our jobs, travel and other general topics. Dan and I's stories are painstakingly more boring than the rockstar and his model girlfriend but three bottles of wine later we are all getting along like long lost friends. Dan keeps his hand resting casually on my leg as he talks to Tia about her plans after modelling and Harry and I are discussing whether Bret Michaels or Jon Bon Jovi had the better 80's hair as seriously as if we were talking about curing cancer.

"Ok, ok we have to agree to disagree, as long as you know you're wrong!" He laughs loudly as I wipe away tears from my eyes from laughing so hard.

"So, how long have you guys been together?" Harry asks Dan as the conversation dies down.

"We met University actually," Dan smiles at me proudly, wrapping his arm around my back.

"What made you get engaged so young?" There is no judgement in his voice as he takes a sip from his wine glass.

"Um, well we both always planned to be married kinda young, so when Liv turned 24 I thought it would be a good time to pop the question."

I over compensate for his non-romantic response by awkwardly laughing and adding "and we are madly in love," more directed at Dan than anyone else.

I can feel Harry's eyes moving back and forth between Dan and I.

"Obviously!" Dan exclaims, not missing a beat and pulling me towards him to kiss my lips as a quick apology.

When I look back at the table Harry's eyes are on mine and his mouth is pulled into a fake, closed lipped smile that makes it seem like he is stopping himself from saying anything further.

His unspoken words are forgotten as Tia pulls her ringing phone out of her bag.

"I'm so sorry guys, I have to take this," she says whilst already getting up from the table.

"Actually, I'm going to run to the bathroom, will you be ok?" Dan whispers the last bit, genuinely asking as I give him an assuring nod.

As Dan leaves the table, Harry continues to stare at me, his brows pulled in slightly like he is trying to do long division in his head.

"What?" I ask, taking another sip of the wine that's making me bold and curiosity taking over.

"I think you're beautiful," He says softly, his stare unfaltering.

I laugh in disbelief, "Harry, you can't say stuff like that." I shake my head, maybe we are drunker than I thought?

"You're right, I'm sorry." He said breaking his eyes away. He pauses and looks back at me, his face has changed into a cheeky smile and he looks younger than he did a minute ago. "Friends?" He says amusingly and putting his hand out for me to shake.

"Friends!" I laugh.

"So friend, what does the infinity symbol on your hand mean?" I say looking at his right hand now resting on the table.

He frowns and looks genuinely confused as he looks down at his hands, a smile slowly sweeping over his face as if it's the first time he's seen the tattoo.

He curls his finger towards himself as a request for me come closer  and I lean over the table as he whispers with a grin, "I'll never tell."

I laugh a little too loud and smack his arm playfully as he tilts his head back to join me in laughter.

"Before we go I need to get your number" he says still giggling and handing me his phone and I put my number in under: "MY BEST FRIEND LIV".

I hand it back to him and am rewarded by more of his infectious belly laughs.