Chapter 38

A/N: hey guys just wanted to point out I have never been treated for substance abuse or been through any form of detox program before so I'm sorry if the details offend anyone or seem too unrealistic! :) x

OLIVIA'S POV

JUNE

I need to calm down, I've been pacing up and down the hallway for half an hour.

I've cleaned the house, even though it was already spotless from Mrs Stewart, changed my bed linen, done a load of laundry and attempted to watch a movie which I lasted all of three minutes doing and now I've run out of things to keep me occupied until Harry gets home, which is any second now.

Since he left, in the evening of the same day he agreed to go, I had spoken to him only once, two weeks ago.

My heart jumped in my chest when I had seen the Californian number flash across my phone and I answered it praying it wasn't bad news.

"Hi darling," he had breathed down the line, as relief washed over me.

"Harry! How are you? How is it? Are you ok?" I rushed wanting to ask him a million questions I had been concocting over the past sixteen days without him.

I hear his lightly chuckle and it's music to my ears.

"It's been good, Liv. I've been good. I've actually been writing a bit. How are you? Everything ok at home? I'm sure its easier without a drunken mess to clean up every day." He sighed.

"Everything's fine here, Harry, I'm just happy to-" I start to say before he cuts me off.

"I can't talk long and I need to ask you something, love, and I need you to tell me all the details, no sugar coating ok? They said it's important for me to know." He warned and I agreed.

"If it's too much, then one of the therapists can call you and ask, ok?  Liv, I need you to tell me what happened that night, the night before I left."

I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes before I relayed every detail of the night I wish I could forget.

He was quiet for too long and I started to wonder if the line was cut off.

"Harry?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah, I'm here." 

"Are you ok?"

"I can't tell you how sorry I am to have put you through that," he whispered and I could tell he was crying.

"I know you are but it wasn't your fault, Harry.  I just want you to get better and come home."

That was two weeks ago and I had heard nothing since. I was starting to create ridiculous scenarios in my head where the doctors had told him he couldn't see me anymore, or that he was sicker than they thought and he would have to extend his stay by six months.

The tabloid stories were not helping, cover after cover and report after report came out about Harry's rehab stay and the girls he was with the night before he left. 

They had started to turn on me as well, claiming Harry and I were in a secret relationship and that my controlling nature had driven him to a drug addiction.  Some stories were written saying that the reason he had started drinking and partying was to get away from my raging jealousy and that the girls that last night were the tipping point. I had apparently given him an ultimatum: Rehab or I walk out the door.

I questioned John about how they found out about his anonymous stay that was organised so quickly or how they knew about the girls or gave a shit enough to write about whatever the hell I was doing but he told me it was unfortunately just part of the celebrity game and that their job was to manage the damage caused as much as possible, which he said, they were doing the best they could.